Carnival Expands American Table to Two More Ships and More Cruise News

LauraS

Great ,more bad service ships.

No tablecloth, one fork ,no teaspoons, a giant bread basket and a gallon of drippy water on your uncovered table.

Waiters now have permission to leave the dirty dishes on the table until the next course is served. You have to ask for a clean fork for the next course.

My experience was like this on the Breeze.

Just like Dennys!!!

What happened to fine dining?

Maybe we could pay more for the traditional service.

No tablecloth, one fork ,no teaspoons, a giant bread basket and a gallon of drippy water on your uncovered table.

Waiters now have permission to leave the dirty dishes on the table until the next course is served. You have to ask for a clean fork for the next course.

Just like Dennys!!!

We had the American Table on Glory in October and had tablecloths. But the bread basket wasn't left on the table (I wish) - the waiter brought it around intermittently.

Do not like the American Table at all. I can eat "American" at home for better and far cheaper.

Just like Dennys!!!

We did the Breeze over Christmas and the service was good for us, but did hear complaints from others about it.

We had rocky seas, and without the tablecloth, wine bottles and things would slide across the table when the ship rolled. It wasn't even really heavy rolls/pitches that did it. You had to make sure some items were blocked in so they wouldn't slide. I don't think that is something they took into account.

My wife liked having the water pitcher on the table! She could refill her glass when she pleased, rather then hoping someone would come around to fill it for her (which didn't always happen in the past).

Just like Dennys!!!

Sir you just insulted Denny's :D

We had American Table and loved it. We love the "Ports of Call" items.

As far as the table cloth issue.... our last cruise they had table cloths, nice and white, on formal night. Five minutes into dinner and someone spilled a whole glass of red wine across the middle of the table.... lovely stain, staring at us the rest of dinner. Yeah, that was special.

We've really enjoyed everything about AT. Port of Calls menus are really great. The pasta dishes are delicious. Our service has been incredible. Love the bread and water on the table. We've had AT on three ships now. All three have been fantastic.