The Westin Seattle

MarieF4861

I am traveling to Seattle for a cruise in July and have booked the Westin Seattle for one night pre-cruise and two nights post-cruise. I am interested in staying somewhere that is safe, close to restaurants and places of interest, and near public transportation, Would appreciate any comments pro or con regarding the Westin Seattle. The cost is more than what I had hoped to pay, but if it is a nice hotel and the location is good, I don't mind paying the cost. Thank you.

I think the location is excellent for all your listed requirements. Since it's higher than you want to pay though, did you also compare available room prices in nearby hotels like Hotel Five, the Warwick, Mayflower Park? They're all within a couple of blocks, so if you're not married to Westin chain for points you can probably score a better rate in at least one of them (esp Five, which is definitely a less-swanky hotel though perfectly safe - the room decor is the only scary thing about it...)

We have stayed at the Westin, Warwick and Mayflower. Our favorite was the Westin because of the location, followed by the Mayflower, also because of location. Our least favorite was the Warwick because it was a little farther from the things we wanted to do, but it was very nice. The Warwick is across the street from a small grocery which has great food to go.

Just keep watching the prices and travelzoo for specials. Sometimes someone on this board will pass on specials if they see them. We always make a refundable reservation at the Westin and keep watching for better prices.

I think the location is excellent for all your listed requirements. Since it's higher than you want to pay though, did you also compare available room prices in nearby hotels like Hotel Five, the Warwick, Mayflower Park? They're all within a couple of blocks, so if you're not married to Westin chain for points you can probably score a better rate in at least one of them (esp Five, which is definitely a less-swanky hotel though perfectly safe - the room decor is the only scary thing about it...)

Thanks for the info. I did check the Mayflower because it had been recommended by others. It was about $50 higher.

We have stayed at the Westin, Warwick and Mayflower. Our favorite was the Westin because of the location, followed by the Mayflower, also because of location. Our least favorite was the Warwick because it was a little farther from the things we wanted to do, but it was very nice. The Warwick is across the street from a small grocery which has great food to go.

Just keep watching the prices and travelzoo for specials. Sometimes someone on this board will pass on specials if they see them. We always make a refundable reservation at the Westin and keep watching for better prices.

Thanks for the info. So glad to hear your favorite was the Westin. I will keep checking prices.

I am traveling to Seattle for a cruise in July and have booked the Westin Seattle for one night pre-cruise and two nights post-cruise. I am interested in staying somewhere that is safe, close to restaurants and places of interest, and near public transportation, Would appreciate any comments pro or con regarding the Westin Seattle. The cost is more than what I had hoped to pay, but if it is a nice hotel and the location is good, I don't mind paying the cost. Thank you.

Love the Westin, great location views and service, and thats where the President stays when he visits Seattle too!

If you just need a regular double room, I think you're pretty safe using the Pricelne Express option, choosing any of the four star hotels in the Pike Market area. I thought about staying out at the airport, but that seemed inconvenient for two days of sightseeing.

Through Priceline previously I got the Hilton, the Sheraton, the Westin, Grand Hyatt and Hyatt at Olive 8 -- All nice.

Take a look at the betterbidding.com web site. They explain how to bid and the amenity icons on the Priceline site.

If you just need a regular double room, I think you're pretty safe using the Pricelne Express option, choosing any of the four star hotels in the Pike Market area. I thought about staying out at the airport, but that seemed inconvenient for two days of sightseeing.

Through Priceline previously I got the Hilton, the Sheraton, the Westin, Grand Hyatt and Hyatt at Olive 8 -- All nice.

Take a look at the betterbidding.com web site. They explain how to bid and the amenity icons on the Priceline site.

Suzanne - I am a little nervous about doing this, but I will take a look. Thanks for the info!

We have stayed in many Westins and we are always pleased with our stay! We have never been to Seattle, but the front desk staff can give you excellent recommedations!! Westins are usually very well situated in the city! Enjoy your stay!!

Good to know! Thanks.

The Westin Seattle is one of our fav hotels in Seattle. It's a great location.

We've walked northwest from the Westin up past Seattle Center (Space Needle etc...) and south past Safeco Field (where the Marineer's play) and everything in between. It's maybe a 10 min walk to Pike Place Market.