Cunard Excursions

moonglum

I was about to book some excursions for an upcoming cruise. Do Cunard charge you up front or can you book and pay just before the excursion? If you pay up front can you cancel and be refunded?

You can cancel up to 24 hours before the tour. Tours booked on board are charged to your on board account.

If you book before boarding you will be charged (credit or debit card) and yes you can cancel pre booked tours.

David.

According to the Cunard site, you may cancel up to 48 hrs before arrival at the appropriate port minus a 10% cancellation fee.

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/on-shore/canx_shorex

Not quite. The cancellation fee only applies to pre booked tours. If you book onboard and cancel before the deadline there is no cancelation fee.

I think this was brought in because people were booking loads of tours just before sailing then cancelling most of them and getting the full cost refunded.

One of the reasons we will only pre book on obviously popular tours.

David.

Ah my mistake, I apologise. Though we tried to cancel a trip to Petra, booked on board, because I was too ill to go. As it was 2 days before they said they would only allow me to cancel if I paid to see the Dr and he signed to say I couldn't go! The cost of seeing him was similar to the cost of the trip - and our surance excess, so we lost out anyway.

Not quite. The cancellation fee only applies to pre booked tours. If you book onboard and cancel before the deadline there is no cancelation fee.

I think this was brought in because people were booking loads of tours just before sailing then cancelling most of them and getting the full cost refunded.

One of the reasons we will only pre book on obviously popular tours.

David.

Yes, we do likewise.:D