QM2 - Soda Package, Splenda

ls340532

On some cruiselines e.g. Celebrity all passengers sharing a stateroom must purchase the drinks package (even if only one passenger desires it)..I imagine to prevent sharing !Is this the case with the soda package on Cunard...We have sailed with Cunard many times and have bought the wine selections but never the soda package

Not everyone in the cabin has to buy the package. However, I am confident to say that if one person buys the drinks package, they are not supposed to be getting drinks for their family or friends (sharing).

just off the QM2 west bound Sunday past

'Splenda': was in the 'sugar bowl' on tables in Kings Court but not in Brit' dining room. Little YELLOW packets - not 'real' Splenda I guess but dunno as I don't use sweetener in my coffee at all ... I take mine straight. Would not have noticed this except at breakfast in B one morning a table mate made a big issue of it not being there and asked for some. Waiter said they didn't have it but since they 'never say no' got a head waiter. He said they don't have it in the dining room but provided no reason ... our table mate persisted (mate just for this one meal!) ... the HW went and got some, elsewhere I guess and handed it to her and she put it in her purse . . "for later". . I checked on subsequent meals and days and the yellow packs never did appear in the B dining room . . . . wierd

QM2 had Pepsi AND COKE . . . . fountain service was Pepsi products for sure and you could get fountain Pepsi or cans. If you just asked for a Pepsi you got a can IME. BUT if you look at the drinks menu you will see COKE and DIET COKE also listed. It is more expensive but you get a glass bottle of COKE! DW drinks COKE and will gag on Pepsi (unless there is rum in it) ... she was pleased.

>>>>>>>>>>>>

if a soda package was available we sure missed it .. but did not look hard for it either. NOT LIKE a Carib cruise on NCL/RCL or the like where there are 100 tables set up the first day pushing the soda package. Not having a package encouraged us to drink a lot more WATER!!!!

Little YELLOW packets - not 'real' Splenda I guess but dunno as I don't use sweetener in my coffee at all ... I take mine straight.
'Real' Splenda comes in a yellow packet.

splenda.jpg

US Splenda and the UK version are both sucralose.

http://www.splenda.co.uk/our-products

https://www.splenda.com/story

(Maybe you meant that the yellow packets didn't have the Splenda brand on them...)

But as I mentioned earlier, Sweet'n'Low is in a pink packet but it's not the same product as US Sweet'n'Low.

Edited by Underwatr