Brittania breakfast times...

kendon

I see that breakfast is served between 8:00 - 9:30, but can you stay past 9:30? We always enjoy a leisurely breakfast with new people we meet over a cup of coffee.

Yes you may remain beyond the time they close the doors to additional guests. However, be aware that you are now infringing on staff free time. The faster they can clear away breakfast and reset for lunch the more time they get "off duty" between meals. So be prepared for a fair amount of "busy" around you once the dining room is "closed".

Yes you may remain beyond the time they close the doors to additional guests. However, be aware that you are now infringing on staff free time. The faster they can clear away breakfast and reset for lunch the more time they get "off duty" between meals. So be prepared for a fair amount of "busy" around you once the dining room is "closed".

I do understand that, but an extra half hour could be considered reasonable I suppose.

I do understand that, but an extra half hour could be considered reasonable I suppose.

As long as there are empty tables waiting to be cleared and set, you would not be overstaying your welcome- but you would not want to be the last passengers in there while servers were waiting for you to go; but a half hour might be pushing it.

I see that breakfast is served between 8:00 - 9:30, but can you stay past 9:30? We always enjoy a leisurely breakfast with new people we meet over a cup of coffee.
Hi kendon,

Like you, I too enjoy a leisurely breakfast, with a chat over coffee afterwards (usually discussing what we're planning to do that day, or where/when we're intending to meet up later).

To ensure this I arrive at the restaurant at 0800 (or a couple of minutes later), there is only a very short queue waiting to be seated (esp compared with the huge line that builds up later :eek: )

They fill up the window tables first (can't remember the last time I didn't have a table with a great view).

I can then spend an hour or more, if I wish, having breakfast, chatting with friends over coffee, and at no time do I have to watch the clock, or over-stay my welcome! Simple.

(Although it must be said, with all the things there are to do on board, an hour-and-a-half is long enough to spend over breakfast, in my book).

And, if we wish to carry on the chat over coffee after 0930, then there are several places on board where more coffee can be obtained, and the conversation continue :) .

Hope this helps, enjoy your breakfasts! :)

Edited by pepperrn

As an early riser I have no problem with wanting to remain in restaurant at the end of the breakfast period. However I would like breakfast to start earlier on port days. It is impossible to have breakfast in the Britannia and be ready to depart in time for many of the excursions. On my recent cruise (Q508) breakfast started at 7.30 on port days.

As an early riser I have no problem with wanting to remain in restaurant at the end of the breakfast period. However I would like breakfast to start earlier on port days. It is impossible to have breakfast in the Britannia and be ready to depart in time for many of the excursions. On my recent cruise (Q508) breakfast started at 7.30 on port days.

I prefer room service (or the buffet), it is better for port days.:D

It is really just the time they close the doors for new guests. There is no need to feel guilty or anything for using the service offered.

When you arrive a minute before closing you will be allocated a table just like everybody else before, you will be given a menu, have all the choices and be served like everybody else.

Thus if some people just start their breakfast you certainly can stay with your coffee well after the time the doors are closed for new guests.

You can have another cup, too.

Yes, you can,but as others have said, it infinges on staff time. They have short times to "turn" over tables in the diningroom. Do be reasonably prompt & move into the winter garden or other area to chat with friends.

Edited by keithm
punctuation