Non Grills passengers.

foster269

I wonder what a bottle of Pol Acker actually costs. They just gave me two full bottles in my room!!

One year they gave us a bottle of Pol Acker for winning the dance contest in the Queen's Room. We brought it to dinner the next night to share with our table. When the wait staff told me there would be a $15 corkage fee I told them that I didn't think the bottle was even worth $15. They agreed and served it for free.

Edited by Q-step

Hmmmmmm.. You'll most certainly be raring to get up & go in the morning.

Well I drank one bottle which Ok with a touch of cassis. The other bottle I have brought home because I know the patio needs cleaning.

Just came off EB and WB TAs. But I stayed in the Grills so there's no point in writing reviews since they would be irrelevant to non-Grills passengers.:(

A well-deserved poke at the envious ones! However, I for one would like to hear your thoughts on your Grills experience.

Just comeoff QM2. Can someone tell me whether the only Princess Grills dining is the section at the end of the buffet restaurant on Deck 7? Where is the Queens Grill dining area?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Both at the end -- Queens on starboard, Princess on port side.

Both at the end -- Queens on starboard, Princess on port side.

Are those the only dining areas? They don't appear very select to me when anyone can look in the windows when walking rou d the deck. Think I would rather be in Britannia. Are the actual cabins any different?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just came off EB and WB TAs. But I stayed in the Grills so there's no point in writing reviews since they would be irrelevant to non-Grills passengers.:(

Please write a review in the review section, your live from posts were very popular.

Are those the only dining areas? They don't appear very select to me when anyone can look in the windows when walking round the deck. Think I would rather be in Britannia. Are the actual cabins any different?...

The Grills restaurants have their own 14-chef galley so a lot more individual attention can be given to each meal. There is also a chef who specifically attends to off-menu requests. One has the same table for all three meals and has the same waiter team so a camaraderie develops among table mates and the staff quickly learns their preferences. Some prefer this intimacy while others would be more attracted to the grand space of Britannia. It's also single seating - for dinner show up anytime between 6:30-9:30 and get full service.

As for location, when I've been on board the curtains are lowered mid way at night so that any passers by see only the table tops and would have to stoop to peer inside. The location has never bothered me as I gauge the temperature outside by seeing the activity on deck. But others have made your same observation.

The staterooms are far larger in terms of space and storage. Starting with a P2 the bathroom has a tub/shower instead of a shower stall. If you look at the exterior of QM2, you will see that deck 11 (Britannia) partitions are narrower compared to deck 10 (PG) and even more so to compared to deck 9 (QG).

Edited by BlueRiband

The Grills restaurants have their own 14-chef galley so a lot more individual attention can be given to each meal. There is also a chef who specifically attends to off-menu requests. One has the same table for all three meals and has the same waiter team so a camaraderie develops among table mates and the staff quickly learns their preferences. Some prefer this intimacy while others would be more attracted to the grand space of Britannia. It's also single seating - for dinner show up anytime between 6:30-9:30 and get full service.

As for location, when I've been on board the curtains are lowered mid way at night so that any passers by see only the table tops and would have to stoop to peer inside. The location has never bothered me as I gauge the temperature outside by seeing the activity on deck. But others have made your same observation.

The staterooms are far larger in terms of space and storage. Starting with a P2 the bathroom has a tub/shower instead of a shower stall. If you look at the exterior of QM2, you will see that deck 11 (Britannia) partitions are narrower compared to deck 10 (PG) and even more so to compared to deck 9 (QG).

Were you in PG or QG. Either way, how easy did you find it to make off-menu requests?

Thanks in advance.

Were you in PG or QG. Either way, how easy did you find it to make off-menu requests?

Thanks in advance.

I was in PG, and it only took a request to the Maitre D' or head waiter no later than lunch time. This also applies to menu items that must be ordered in advance such as Duck a L'orange, Chateaubriand, or the curry of the day. Some items are for two people, and this is where sitting at a large table works to my advantage. There is likely a table mate who is willing to be the second person for that entree.

I was in PG, and it only took a request to the Maitre D' or head waiter no later than lunch time. This also applies to menu items that must be ordered in advance such as Duck a L'orange, Chateaubriand, or the curry of the day. Some items are for two people, and this is where sitting at a large table works to my advantage. There is likely a table mate who is willing to be the second person for that entree.

Thanks that's really helpful. Getting very excited for our first time in PG in August!

Are those the only dining areas? They don't appear very select to me when anyone can look in the windows when walking rou d the deck. Think I would rather be in Britannia. Are the actual cabins any different?

I do not find the location particularly intrusive - personally we prefer one row back from the window, it gives the option to look out of 3 windows. My preference would always be QE and QV grills dining on deck 11. The Queens Lounge is another facility and we much prefer afternoon tea in this room. Britannia Restaurant is certainly a lovely and grand room but the grills is (for us) a much more pleasant dining experience.

Princess cabins P1 P2 roughly 50% larger than Britannia and Queens Q5/6 roughly twice the size of Britannia.

My husband adores chateaubriand but I am vegetarian. We always have a table for two, but it has never been a problem ordering a dish normally for two, just for him.

Wolfie - do I know you?

Thanks that's really helpful. Getting very excited for our first time in PG in August!

The Grills also have their own private cocktail bar opposite the Queens Grill. It's my second favourite place on the ship to enjoy a relaxing pre-dinner cocktail after the Commodore Club.

I find that the layout of QM2 is considerably less rational and pleasant, compared to its two smaller siblings. This is particularly true for the positioning of the two grills (surrounded by a high-traffic passenger deck), but also Todd English (that has passengers walk across it occasionally) and the Commodore Club (at the end of a interminable corridor of passenger cabins.

Also, the larger complement of Grill passengers on QM2 necessitates larger restaurants and lounge, that somewhat lack intimacy, compared to their equivalent spaces on QV/QE.

This being said, this is no reason not to travel in Grill Class on QM2, naturally. Just that the experience is even better on QV/QE.

....I went on "another " cruise line in May :D and our sailing was delayed by 2 days due to the ship breaking down on the previous cruise. As a gesture of goodwill, all passengers (c.1500 cabins.?) were given a free bottle of Pol Acker....maybe Cunard are trying to get rid of it.....

We gave ours away...:rolleyes:

As I don't want to be accused of going off thread, I have a degree of agreement with the original post - there have been a couple of members over the last year or two (who I will not identify ) who have only sailed QG and yet have seen fit to comment on aspects of the Britannia experience ....something they know nothing about...and have seriously misled the discussion.

I am just looking forward to hopefully sailing with Cunard again next year in whatever category I can afford at the time - have missed out recently as the Cunard itineraries just did not fit in with our date requirements, so have had to find an alternative line.