Film crew on Queen Elizabeth World voyage

macauley8

My wife and I travelled on the Queen Elizabeth`s World Cruise segment New York to Sydney 2012,on board was a French film crew who were filming the whole World Cruise for a doucmentary to be shown on French television and also channel 4 here in U.K. I did speak to them and they intimated that it would be shown in the autumn. Anyone out there have any information re when it might be shown?icon5.gif

My wife and I travelled on the Queen Elizabeth`s World Cruise segment New York to Sydney 2012,on board was a French film crew who were filming the whole World Cruise for a doucmentary to be shown on French television and also channel 4 here in U.K. I did speak to them and they intimated that it would be shown in the autumn. Anyone out there have any information re when it might be shown?icon5.gif

hi macauley8, I met them as well, the main guy was apparently a very well known doco maker in france. I kept his name ut just went to find it and dont have it any more. I knew it was going to be shown in france ut they didnt mention english tv, hope it ends up on utube or an internet doco file they were everywhere and it would be an interesting program.

ps...was a great trip wasnt it...

roscoe

Hi Roscoe,

yes we had a wonderful trip with so many interesting ports of call not to mention the transiting Panama Canal.

We had a great day in Auckland with the afternoon spent in Devonport and a quick visit to the Irish pub on the waterfront before boarding for Wellington.

Cheersicon14.gif

Keith

Hi Roscoe,

yes we had a wonderful trip with so many interesting ports of call not to mention the transiting Panama Canal.

We had a great day in Auckland with the afternoon spent in Devonport and a quick visit to the Irish pub on the waterfront before boarding for Wellington.

Cheersicon14.gif

Keith

glad you enjoyed auckland...its not a bad little place..

did you ever run into the "Queen"? wonder what ever happened to her after we all departed...lol

glad you enjoyed auckland...its not a bad little place..

did you ever run into the "Queen"? wonder what ever happened to her after we all departed...lol

The "Queen" stayed on to the end. She seemed to calm down a lot. We reckon somebody had a strong word with her or put her on some "calm down pills" !!

The "Queen" stayed on to the end. She seemed to calm down a lot. We reckon somebody had a strong word with her or put her on some "calm down pills" !!

well one of the reasons for travelling cunard is the characters you find on board.....she certainly contributed to the entertainment if you were fortunate enough to only be a viewer and not aa particiapant...:eek:

I have found the email of the film crew. It is contact@night-day.fr . The programme may be called "The Adventures of a Gentleman Voyager. Hope that helps. Perhaps you could post if you find out when and where the series is to be shown on TV ? Best Wishes , Vicki.

• 3 months later...

I sense a really funny story here, is it possible to let those of us not on that cruise in on what high jinks took place?.

I sense a really funny story here, is it possible to let those of us not on that cruise in on what high jinks took place?.

there is and there was but Im not game enough to go there... vicki? the floor is yours.....

• 2 years later...

Hi found the Doco that we were talking about, its on UTUBE now for anyone interested in getting a Cunard fix , there are five one hour episodes and cover the 117 world cruise of the QE in 2012.

Simon Alix gets below decks of the QE, into the engine room, chefs galleries and bridge, attends the world cruse parties and interviews various passengers crew and locals of the ports that the ship visits.

LInk to the first episode is here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JhghVaBH8A

(High jinx form the "Queen" edited out unfortunately!)

regards Roscoe

Edited by roscoe39
spelling...of course...

hi found the doco that we were talking about, its on utube now for anyone interested in getting a cunard fix , there are five one hour episodes and cover the 117 world cruise of the qe in 2012.

Simon alix gets below decks of the qe, into the engine room, chefs galleries and bridge, attends the world cruse parties and interviews various passengers crew and locals of the ports that the ship visits.

Link to the first episode is here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jhghvabh8a

(high jinx form the "queen" edited out unfortunately!)

regards roscoe

wonderful video! Thanks!

I found the videos interesting. Could have been better if he had done more on the ship and how the passengers interact and form bonds.

Still wondering about the story mentioned earlier about some Queen issue??

I found the videos interesting. Could have been better if he had done more on the ship and how the passengers interact and form bonds.

Still wondering about the story mentioned earlier about some Queen issue??

i suppose enough time has passed, there was a particular passenger and her husband who decided she was "Queen Cunard" and should be addressed as such. She often grabbed the mic and took over presentations until led away by embarrassed officials. There were numerous incidents including her completely removing her clothes in the winter garden one afternoon and changing into a "mumu" (I nearly lost my lunch) and other stories of her and her famous carpet-bag addressing performers on the stage as they were performing. Well known for her outrageous costumes and her penchant for balloons.

You had to be there...but she was pretty well known over the ship and was adept at clearing a room......

The producer of the documentary, Simon ALix was a particular subject for her attentions because he was filming and owned a camera, and I think she was stalking him at one stage.

Just your typical cunarder really.......

Edited by roscoe39

i suppose enough time has passed, there was a particular passenger and her husband who decided she was "Queen Cunard" and should be addressed as such. She often grabbed the mic and took over presentations until led away by embarrassed officials. There were numerous incidents including her completely removing her clothes in the winter garden one afternoon and changing into a "mumu" (I nearly lost my lunch) and other stories of her and her famous carpet-bag addressing performers on the stage as they were performing. Well known for her outrageous costumes and her penchant for balloons.

You had to be there...but she was pretty well known over the ship and was adept at clearing a room......

The producer of the documentary, Simon ALix was a particular subject for her attentions because he was filming and owned a camera, and I think she was stalking him at one stage.

Just your typical cunarder really.......

I don't think typical Cunarder's are Insane. (unless they stop their meds).