Cunard - BBC 1 Friday 29/05 @ 20:00

ToadOfToadHall

There's a programme all about Cunard on Friday on BBC 1:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05x8rms

It's only being shown in the North West region, but of course anyone in the UK can watch it on iPlayer. Or on satellite by selecting BBC 1 Northwest.

(I posted the wrong date earlier hence repost as you are not allowed to edit your posts after a certain while for some unknown reason).

Hope it is on BBC 2 as well as then can see it in HD rather than the rather poor quality of SD on BBC Northwest. Searched Sky listings so far only showing on BBC Northwest tonight! Hopefully it makes iPlayer or BBC 2 and then can watch in HD

Someone in the know has just contacted me to say it will also be shown on Sunday on BBC 2 for viewers in the south .;)

Does the person you know, who's in the know, who contacted you to say that it would be shown Sunday on BBC 2 apparently know at what time Sunday ?,

Presently I can not see it listed.

However I did watch it on BBC1 on Friday and it is on iPlayer.

Just wondered if the person you know knows !

:D

Someone in the know has just contacted me to say it will also be shown on Sunday on BBC 2 for viewers in the south .;)

Perhaps the person who contacted you, To tell you he knows something ! does not know as much as he thinks he know's, so perhaps he does not know . But then their are a few other people on this this forum, that think they know, but they don't know ! But they pretend that they know, when they don't !. Don't believe people That know, or say they know ! Those that have it don't boast !

Edited by Pennbank

Perhaps the person who contacted you, To tell you he knows something ! does not know as much as he thinks he know's, so perhaps he does not know . But then their are a few other people on this this forum, that think they know, but they don't know ! But they pretend that they know, when they don't !. Don't believe people That know, or say they know ! Those that have it don't boast !

You stand corrected Pennbank ! I don't believe anyone was boasting. I was up in Liverpool last week for the events when the subject of the documentary came up in conversation whilst we were onboard QM2 at a Sunday luncheon ( part of the Princess trust)

Two members of the film crew who were partly responsible for that documentary,were also onboard & shore side filming. One of them gave me to understand that the documentary (The story of Cunard) would also be shown on Sunday on BBC 2.

Looking back at my original posting maybe I misunderstood him ,perhaps I should have said on "a" Sunday.

You stand corrected Pennbank ! I don't believe anyone was boasting. I was up in Liverpool last week for the events when the subject of the documentary came up in conversation whilst we were onboard QM2 at a Sunday luncheon ( part of the Princess trust)

Two members of the film crew who were partly responsible for that documentary,were also onboard & shore side filming. One of them gave me to understand that the documentary (The story of Cunard) would also be shown on Sunday on BBC 2.

Looking back at my original posting maybe I misunderstood him ,perhaps I should have said on "a" Sunday.

Cheers Bell Boy for your reply, Just taking the Michael really. I am sure that you enjoyed the days events. I also received the Cunard Invite but declined due to the suggested donation amount ! Thought I would watch it on U Tube and have a couple of crossings instead. :D

Interesting but not enough pictures of Monday's events. Spotted one mistake they included a shot of Normandie.

Yes, it was interesting, but not near enough on the Three Queens event, which I thought it was about.

I was stood further along the waterfront to you, by the side of the Albert Dock and had a perfect view for much of it, thanks to some people in front who decided to leave after the three ships did their initial manoeuvres, leaving me with a front row spot - they missed the best bits in my opinion (arrow formation, then alongside and the Red Arrows, which went right over my head).

Hope you enjoy your short trip in July, although I guess you won't get to see the preferred daytime arrival at the Pier Head, if you are coming in after midnight?

I sailed on the QM2 in her inaugural year and, although I have not cruised with Cunard since, she remains a very beautiful ship, largely due to the fact she looks like a proper ship at the back end!

• 3 weeks later...

How annoying - the iplayer is showing the next showing as 8.30 tomorrow on BBC2 Northern Ireland.

It doesn't show that it was due to be shown today at all, my apologies I got that from the Cunard Facebook page.

Nothing to apologise for Hattie, it was listed but the BBC took it off to make way for Tennis.

I guess I will have to get used this happening until Wimbledon is over for another year.

As you may guess, I am not a fan of Tennis :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...