Bon Voyage to those on the Anniversary Crossing

Host Hattie

Hattie, you are not the only one who is hugely jealous. And if I wasn't so before, then when the weekend papers show a huge price drop for this voyage, the jealously hit big time. :eek:

We did briefly toy with the idea of doing the trip (me a bit longer than DH!) but he has so much work on (btw he is retired, it's charity work) he felt he couldn't afford to take 3 weeks off.

So we are still here, he's busy and I'm fretting at what might have been :(

Don't feel too sorry for us though; we are booked on the eastbound crossing in November :D

Just don't talk about price drop to the ones of us that booked when it first came out; we're all just ignoring that bit.

We're on at Liverpool and the cases came out this morning. Anybody know if there are any events in Halifax etc?

Hello,I know quite a few people,mostly from another forum,who are on this cruise.We can't join them alas but we wish them a good cruise.Although that really is not neccessary as the are a " lively bunch " and will give it their best shot.

A report on the festivities planned in Halifax can be found here: http://ftnnews.com/cruise-travel/27740-cunard-to-celebrate-175th-anniversary-in-halifax.html

P.S. - Happy Canada Day! - Hope all Canadians enjoy today's celebrations!

Really not helping the jealousy but they sound great events. I hope the weather is good enough for the Red Arrows tomorrow.

Thanks for posting.

We are early packers and the cases came out a couple of days ago. We have been given a boarding time in Liverpool of 10.30 am. What a relaxing start to a Cunard cruise that will be after 15 years of slogging down to Southampton.

David.

Thanks for that Salacia-it should be good

You're welcome, Sikwemu. Halifax is one of my favorite ports - very friendly people, interesting things to see and do. I'm sure the Cunard Anniversary Celebration will be grand! Enjoy! :) -S.

Hello,I know quite a few people,mostly from another forum,who are on this cruise.We can't join them alas but we wish them a good cruise.Although that really is not neccessary as the are a " lively bunch " and will give it their best shot.

Knowing them as we do Foster 269 they will be having a fabulous fun time.:)

I wish I was there with everyone. So many old time Cunard fans that I know from the past going to be on QM2. Sadly I also have too much work on in July as we are in mid season here on the island of Aphrodite. Wishing everyone a marvellous voyage.

We are early packers and the cases came out a couple of days ago. We have been given a boarding time in Liverpool of 10.30 am. What a relaxing start to a Cunard cruise that will be after 15 years of slogging down to Southampton.

David.

Wish we had a like button on here as this I would be pressing. Agree with you balf and have a fabulous time. :)

This is just a very quick post from aboard QM2. Boarding in Liverpool fabulous. The cathedral concert beyond expectations. The ship, the food, the crew and the passengers brilliant. The lecturers outstanding.

Cunard have certainly pulled out all the stops for this.

David.

This is just a very quick post from aboard QM2. Boarding in Liverpool fabulous. The cathedral concert beyond expectations. The ship, the food, the crew and the passengers brilliant. The lecturers outstanding.

Cunard have certainly pulled out all the stops for this.

David.

Yes, they've done a grand job all year. Firstly with the Lusitania Remembered/three Queens Southampton cruise, then the three Queens in Liverpool and now this anniversary crossing.

Well done to them and it's all good publicity.

I only did the Southampton to Liverpool bit enjoyed every second.

The concert at the cathedral was incredible with many people left with tears in their eyes.

A nice surprise that the Red Arrows paid us a visit in Liverpool.

This is going to be a very special trip and I really did not want to get off in Liverpool. :(