QM2 Verandah Restaurant - Open for lunch?

seacruise9

Hi,

Is the QM2's new Verandah Restaurant open for lunch? If so, I am assuming that it only is open on sea days. I am booked on the QM2's seven-day Canada/New England cruise that departs on September 27, 2016.

As a Cunard World Club member (Diamond Level), I am supposed to receive a complimentary lunch in the Verandah Restaurant. Is there a way to make a lunch reservation in advance, or do I need to wait until I board the ship? Because there are only two sea days during this cruise, is it likely the Verandah Restaurant will book up for lunch?

Thanks,

Chuck

Hi,

Is the QM2's new Verandah Restaurant open for lunch? If so, I am assuming that it only is open on sea days. I am booked on the QM2's seven-day Canada/New England cruise that departs on September 27, 2016.

As a Cunard World Club member (Diamond Level), I am supposed to receive a complimentary lunch in the Verandah Restaurant. Is there a way to make a lunch reservation in advance, or do I need to wait until I board the ship? Because there are only two sea days during this cruise, is it likely the Verandah Restaurant will book up for lunch?

Thanks,

Chuck

You can only pre book Dinner from the Cruise Personliser. It is open for lunch sea days. Just present your Invitation on arrival. One can imagine that it will book up. On The Canada/New England cruise it may stay open for lunch on non sea days

Edited by Pennbank

Very limited lunch menu and not very memorable though I think the service was excellent. People at next table were complaining loudly and they had a free World Club voucher which I thought was somewhat ungrateful. Basically three selections for starters, main, and desert. The tuna appetizer is essentially a block of raw tuna. The beef burgundy is OK as is the coq au vin and scallops and beans. There is also an onion tart. The prune tart is better than the strawberry delice which is more like an Eaton mess. There is a banana chocolate something or other. Give it a try if you have a voucher but I sure would not want to pay for it. New menu is not as good as Todd English and that was not exactly great either for lunch.

Hi,

Thanks for the information. During my most recent sailing on the QM2 (a crossing in November 2014), I enjoyed lunch in Todd English. Also, I have enjoyed lunch in the Verandah Restaurant on the Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth. Based on the photos that I have seen, Cunard did an excellent job remodeling this space. I think it looks a lot better than Todd English. I will enjoy the atmosphere even if the food isn't wonderful.

Chuck

Hi,

Thanks for the information. During my most recent sailing on the QM2 (a crossing in November 2014), I enjoyed lunch in Todd English. Also, I have enjoyed lunch in the Verandah Restaurant on the Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth. Based on the photos that I have seen, Cunard did an excellent job remodeling this space. I think it looks a lot better than Todd English. I will enjoy the atmosphere even if the food isn't wonderful.

Chuck

We have been to Todd English many times on the QM2 and went to the Verandah once on the Queen Elizabeth. I am disappointed that Todd English is no longer on the QM2. I enjoyed the menu and the venue as well as the service, but food is subjective.