2017 A puzzle.

Merry Maid

I was looking at Cunard's brochure for TA's next year to check the date of the crossing which takes in July 4th celebrations in NYC. This is a trip I am particularly fond of. Usually QM2 arrives in NYC on July 1st, then goes on up into Boston etc. giving me 5 nights in NYC before boarding to come back to UK. I've done this several times and love it.

The brochure gives QM2 departing NYC on Jun 15, Arr. Soton on the 22nd. There is no sailing from Soton on that date in the brochure, BUT the QM2 is in NYC on the first of July for the 5 day trip to Boston and Halifax as per usual. I cannot find any sailing that would enable her to do this unless she is chartered for this WB crossing. Any ideas anyone?

MM

Apologies that the question has been addressed before. In my defence can i say that I don't visit the site daily or even weekly sometimes. Anyway my puzzle is solved and thank you to all who posted in reply. Can't say I'm too happy about the reply as it means I won't be doing the trip this year. It will be outwith my budget I fear and I don't fancy the accent on the ocean racing. I'm sure those who do like this sport will be well and beautifully catered for. Good luck to them.

Going off to sulk now.

MM

No need to defend yourself... we were just answering your query whilst not claiming credit ourselves for providing the answer! Quite why Cunard do not state ' special charter' or something similar on their website is a mystery. Similarly, if a voyage is sold out, they don't say so, the voyage just disappears...