Silhouette: Is Deck 8 or Deck 9 better for a hump balcony cabin?

beckntom

Thanks for your help on these questions. We are basically new to Celebrity, having sailed only the Galaxy on our second cruise ever, but are considering the Silhouette for an Adriatic cruise in October 2013. I just know we'll love the line and the ship! We've decided on a 1B hump cabin but wonder if we should choose deck 8 or deck 9. Also, we will be traveling with friends in, hopefully, an adjoining cabin and would like to know if the balcony divider can be opened. And one more question--one of the cabins is marked as having a sleeper sofa and upper (which is really not needed). Will the "upper" protrude from the wall taking up space and becoming a hazard as far as bumping one's head?

Thanks very much!

Thanks for your help on these questions. We are basically new to Celebrity, having sailed only the Galaxy on our second cruise ever, but are considering the Silhouette for an Adriatic cruise in October 2013. I just know we'll love the line and the ship! We've decided on a 1B hump cabin but wonder if we should choose deck 8 or deck 9. Also, we will be traveling with friends in, hopefully, an adjoining cabin and would like to know if the balcony divider can be opened. And one more question--one of the cabins is marked as having a sleeper sofa and upper (which is really not needed). Will the "upper" protrude from the wall taking up space and becoming a hazard as far as bumping one's head?

Thanks very much!

We were on the Silhoutte last December and had cabin # 8242 which is a 1B hump cabin. It is located very near the midship elevator bank that goes to down the MDR, up to the buffet, to the I lounge and the pool. A very convenient location. As to deck 8 vs deck 9, I really don't think it matters much. The view form either deck is the same. We liked our cabin and location so much that we booked it later this year on the Equinox.

Yes you can have a section of the balcony removed and the upper bearth comes out of the ceiling so no need to worry about it. If 8242 is still available you could not go wrong in choosing it.

Thank you, Richard, for this helpful information. I very much appreciate it! It doesn't appear that 8242 is still available, but I'll ask our TA to check it out. Other cabins right around it are open, so we should be able to get close. Thanks again!

I dont know which side of the ship your desired cabin is on - but keep in mind - if you dont like cig smoke and are near midship - you'll smell it on deck 8 from your verandah. We did as we were exactly 3 decks up from it (8279).

If that's a concern to you, go starboard :-) If you're already starboard, disregard my post :-)

Thank you, Richard, for this helpful information. I very much appreciate it! It doesn't appear that 8242 is still available, but I'll ask our TA to check it out. Other cabins right around it are open, so we should be able to get close. Thanks again!

You are welcome. I would say the cabins in the same area as 8242 would have the same benefits....enjoy the Sihouette, I know you will.

Richard

I dont know which side of the ship your desired cabin is on - but keep in mind - if you dont like cig smoke and are near midship - you'll smell it on deck 8 from your verandah. We did as we were exactly 3 decks up from it (8279).

If that's a concern to you, go starboard :-) If you're already starboard, disregard my post :-)

Cabin 8242 is on the other side of the ship, Starbord side, 8279 is on the Port side. Even cabins to the right, odd to the left.

Richard

Cabin 8242 is on the other side of the ship, Starbord side, 8279 is on the Port side. Even cabins to the right, odd to the left.

Richard

Ah good to know :-) I couldn't remember if there was an odd/even thing goin' on or not!

Ariawoman has me worried if smoke bad up on 8th deck how about cabin 6241 on 6th deck

Maybe need to change cabin or cancel as had understood Celebrity great for non smokers.:(

Yes, Celebrity is great for non smokers unless you choose a cabin that is close to a smoking area.

If smoke is a concern, it is a good idea to check out the locations of the smoking areas before selecting your cabin.

Ariawoman has me worried if smoke bad up on 8th deck how about cabin 6241 on 6th deck

Maybe need to change cabin or cancel as had understood Celebrity great for non smokers.:(

The smoking area is portside on deck 5. As long as you are starboard you'll be fine. If portside go at least to deck 9. WE were bothered by smoke on deck 8.

Archived