Royal Caribbean Cruise insurance Issue

STLSus

My husband and I have been on over 40, 7 day cruises.I have always taken out the travel insurance through the cruise line.I had 1 claim a few years go when my grandson wasn't able to make it,through Carnival,I filled out all forms, and in a very reasonable amout of time the claim was paid.

This March we had to cancel a trip with Royal Caribbean,I had the Flu.I requested the forms,had them filled in by my Doctor,took the packet straight to the post office and mailed it to the insurance company.3 weeks later when I checked the status up my claim,they said they had not received my Doctor's statement.My Doctor filled out another form and faxed it from their office to the insurance company 10 days ago.Today I got an email from the insurance company,they have not received my Doctor's statement.I can assure you,they have received it twice now.The Company"s name is.

My husband and I have been on over 40, 7 day cruises.I have always taken out the travel insurance through the cruise line.I had 1 claim a few years go when my grandson wasn't able to make it,through Carnival,I filled out all forms, and in a very reasonable amout of time the claim was paid.

This March we had to cancel a trip with Royal Caribbean,I had the Flu.I requested the forms,had them filled in by my Doctor,took the packet straight to the post office and mailed it to the insurance company.3 weeks later when I checked the status up my claim,they said they had not received my Doctor's statement.My Doctor filled out another form and faxed it from their office to the insurance company 10 days ago.Today I got an email from the insurance company,they have not received my Doctor's statement.I can assure you,they have received it twice now.The Company"s name is.

Go on....

• 2 weeks later...
Go on....

I cannot speak specifically to an insurance issue, but I would suggest you send any important papers like this via certified mail. A number of years ago I became very ill and spent 4 months in the hospital. I had a gym membership and needed to cancel it. To cancel, you have to send a form along with a doctor's report to a central office in another state. Twice the papers were sent, yet the company kept billing my credit card for the monthly gym fee. We finally sent it certified mail and that worked. My theory is that many companies throw such papers away, claiming they never received them, unless they have to sign for them. I don't know if this is the case in your situation, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Ask your doctor's office to email you a copy (PDF) of the form he sent in.

Then, is there a web portal you need to upload it to? If not, email it to them again.

The last time I needed to make a travel insurance claim, I needed to scan in all the documents and email them to the insurance company.

Once that is done send email to determine if they received it. Wait a week, then email them again to find out the status.