Trans-Atlantic Flight -- Updated what to wear?

cruisemom42

I get my CuddleDuds at Kohls. I also use the crewneck (& vneck) shirts & leggings. They do double duty as pjs

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oh...I didn't know Kohl's sells them. Thank you for posting this:)

So, I was in at Nordstrom the other day. Found those Nick & Zoe sweaters cruisemom mentioned. Not work-wearable ;-( BUT I did find a really cute linen jacket in a stripe by Caslon for $69. It will work well with black pants.

Oh, for those who know I cancelled my April 24 cruise because of my sick dog: Unfortunately, I had to end his life on Friday. Another test found it was an aggressive cancer of the blood vessels. It was in a place where it really could not be operated on. I spent time with him, the vet team let him follow them around, gave him a bath so he'd be all clean and handsome. We shared a dinner of roast beef sandwich and peanut better treats (I did chuckle because I don't eat red meat, so this was a major treat for him since I don't have it in the house). He passed peacefully with his head on my lap. I'm glad I cancelled my cruise now because I had the chance to spend a full week with him. Life goes on...

So, I was in at Nordstrom the other day. Found those Nick & Zoe sweaters cruisemom mentioned. Not work-wearable ;-( BUT I did find a really cute linen jacket in a stripe by Caslon for $69. It will work well with black pants.

Oh, for those who know I cancelled my April 24 cruise because of my sick dog: Unfortunately, I had to end his life on Friday. Another test found it was an aggressive cancer of the blood vessels. It was in a place where it really could not be operated on. I spent time with him, the vet team let him follow them around, gave him a bath so he'd be all clean and handsome. We shared a dinner of roast beef sandwich and peanut better treats (I did chuckle because I don't eat red meat, so this was a major treat for him since I don't have it in the house). He passed peacefully with his head on my lap. I'm glad I cancelled my cruise now because I had the chance to spend a full week with him. Life goes on...

Condolences to you........hope you are doing ok.....at least you know he is at peace now.

So sorry to hear about your pup. It's never easy to say goodbye to our furry family members. :(Sounds like you made the right choice to stay at home and spend the time with him.

Hey Cynthia, I am going back to one of your favorite places later this summer:)......will be in Italy........:D I can't believe

it was 2012 the first time I visited!

Hey Cynthia, I am going back to one of your favorite places later this summer:)......will be in Italy........:D I can't believe

it was 2012 the first time I visited!

That's great -- I hope you have a wonderful trip. :D Is this the Silverseas cruise that you're taking?

That's great -- I hope you have a wonderful trip. :D Is this the Silverseas cruise that you're taking?

Yes, yes it is:D...........the entire cruise will be a BIG upgrade from mass market;).......

Yes, yes it is:D...........the entire cruise will be a BIG upgrade from mass market;).......

Fantastic!

I'm not sure what Celebrity is playing at with the recent "more than 200%" solo fares, but I've found that for solos the premium and luxury lines are sometimes not much more expensive.

Hope you'll tell us about your experience when you get back.

Fantastic!

I'm not sure what Celebrity is playing at with the recent "more than 200%" solo fares, but I've found that for solos the premium and luxury lines are sometimes not much more expensive.

Hope you'll tell us about your experience when you get back.

I will definitely fill you in about it:D........some things in my life have changed over the past year and I am having opportunities

that would never been there before (sailing luxury for example)......yes, it is quite a bit more $$ but from all the things I have

read/heard it is supposed to be worth all that.......we shall see.:)

I have never been to the ports before....going to Florence and really looking forward to seeing DAVID.........

OH, after all these years of sailing on Celebrity? Not sure what they are doing but I have never found the Tuesday special anything

special (even before this extra %).......you have to go on the choices offered and that was usually never possible.

Edited by Lois R

I'm so sorry about your dog. It's one of the hardest things to do, but you know it's the right thing. We had to do it last January (after 16 years). I still look for my big girl. Hugs to you. Melody

I'm so sorry. I hope the nice memories of him bring you peace. :)

• 2 months later...

If anyone is looking for a shorter merino cardigan, I ordered this one from the Nordstrom Anniversary sale http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/halogen-v-neck-merino-wool-cardigan-regular-petite/4543132?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&fashioncolor=HEATHER%20DARK%20GREY

I ordered the green ("Green Gables") and I love it. Hits me a little lower than the model so assume she's model tall and I'm...not ;-) (I'm 5'5" and it hits me mid-hip, I'd say) It's a lightweight merino - I ordered it mainly for work since I wear cardigans year round - but I think it could work well for travel, depending on my color needs in the future....

If anyone is looking for a shorter merino cardigan, I ordered this one from the Nordstrom Anniversary sale http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/halogen-v-neck-merino-wool-cardigan-regular-petite/4543132?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&fashioncolor=HEATHER%20DARK%20GREY

I ordered the green ("Green Gables") and I love it. Hits me a little lower than the model so assume she's model tall and I'm...not ;-) (I'm 5'5" and it hits me mid-hip, I'd say) It's a lightweight merino - I ordered it mainly for work since I wear cardigans year round - but I think it could work well for travel, depending on my color needs in the future....

I saw that. I do love a nice classic V neck merino cardigan for travel. Hopefully not so lightweight that it develops holes after a wearing or three. Now off to look at colors.....

Edited to add: Did you find it runs true to size, as stated?

Edited to add: Did you find it runs true to size, as stated?

It is not a slimline shape - slightly boyfriend - but I find it true to size. The shoulders hit me where they should. It doesn't skim my torso but it's not oversized either. Some think halogen is a junior brand but I think it's a woman's brand, just at a lower price point, and it fits like one. I do have a large bust, so that may be my bias, as Halogen sweaters have always fit me nicely.

I purchased several items presale and was glad I looked closely as I had ordered the long version...it wasn't available for shipping in my size/color combo until after November 8th! I'll be back from my cruise but then!

Enjoy wearing yours....the green gables is such a pretty color

Although I like to look nice too, I am more about comfort than anything on long flights. I usually wear a pair of dark denim or black 'jegging'--I specifically wear ones that are quite big in the waist because I will be in misery if tight, a short-sleeved nicer tee and a cardigan that is soft and cozy. I don't want longer sweaters either; don't like sitting on them.

Usually I do ward a long necklace and some kind of walking shoes; not for looks but because then I don't have to pack those bulkier shoes. Or short boots, if I know I will wear them on the cruise. I often have a pair of fleecy socks in my carry-on to change into. If room, I add a pashima type wrap, just in case the plane is really cold. Depending on what our itinerary is, if I think I will need a warmer jacket on the cruise/trip then I bring one along and carry it on. Usually will sit on top of our carry on bag but is there if needed.