Honolulu pre-cruise hotel

anandaindonesia

We are staying at the Hilton Hawaiian Village pre-cruise and The Royal Hawaiian post cruise. each are 2 nights

A decent combo, but at HHV which of the 9 towers are you in? Ali'i and Rainbow are the only two hotel towers I'll stay in. The condo towers Grand Waikikian and Grand Islander are great.

Any input about the Hilton Garden Inn Waikiki Beach Hotel? We are looking for something basic, and want to use Hilton points. Thanks for any info.

The HGI is the old Ohana West Hotel. They did a nice job in the renovation, but I'd prefer the Hilton Waikiki Beach over the HGI, if that is an option. If not, it is fine.

The HGI is the old Ohana West Hotel. They did a nice job in the renovation, but I'd prefer the Hilton Waikiki Beach over the HGI, if that is an option. If not, it is fine.

Can your share any specific reasons why you prefer it?

We will only be there 1 1/2 days before boarding the ship and won't be spending much of that time actually at the hotel. We've been to Honolulu before and are really just looking for a comfortable place to sleep.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Can your share any specific reasons why you prefer it?

The Hilton Waikiki Beach has better restaurants, a nicer pool area, great pool bar, faces Waikiki Beach and has spectacular views from the higher floors. It is a solid 4* hotel. HGI doesn't face the beach, is a 3* hotel with barely adequate dining.

How about the Waikiki Resort Hotel? Any input on that?

It is a decent enough place. TripAdvisor has it #41 of 84 hotels in Honolulu and that seems just about right. The vast majority of the people who stay there like and it has few, if any, major glaring faults.

Click on the link above to read the reviews.

How about the Embassy Suites by Hilton Waikiki Beach Walk? We are thinking of booking a pre-cruise night here using points.

The Embassy Suites is great. They have a nice breakfast, good included happy hour, a good pool deck and great location.

• 2 weeks later...
Call them about a month before the stay and let them know you are celebrating either a birthday or anniversary and could they please note on the reservation for any free upgrades. Worked for us as they bumped us to ocean view when we arrived.

Thanks for this tip! We are staying here for 2 nights before our cruise in March. Got 1 night free and paying for one. Seems like a nice locations,,would be great to get an upgrade, if available!

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for this tip! We are staying here for 2 nights before our cruise in March. Got 1 night free and paying for one. Seems like a nice locations,,would be great to get an upgrade, if available!

If you are talking about the Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort, it is a great hotel, but be sure you are in the Kealohilani Tower, not the

Paoalalani Tower.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

For those who have made advance reservations at the Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk, be sure to go back to the website to re-check the price of your lodging from time to time. When we first reserved, our room was $269 a night. We canceled and re-reserved two times, dropping the price to $209 a night and then to $188 a night. This applies to any Hilton property, as we have done this at several their hotels on other trips. We cannot wait for our upcoming Hawaii adventure!

• 2 weeks later...
For those who have made advance reservations at the Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk, be sure to go back to the website to re-check the price of your lodging from time to time. When we first reserved, our room was $269 a night. We canceled and re-reserved two times, dropping the price to $209 a night and then to $188 a night. This applies to any Hilton property, as we have done this at several their hotels on other trips. We cannot wait for our upcoming Hawaii adventure!

Thank you VTSteerage! I made our Embassy Suites reservations back in May for Feb 2018. Just went on to check rates as you suggested, and I was able to rebook the exact room for $105 less per nt. Appreciate the hint!!