Leaks

HelloKittysMum

On our first night we returned to our inside cabin about 10.45 to a card from housekeeping asking us to call. The bed had been pulled away from the wall. It took a while for the housekeeper to come and explain there had been a leak and we needed to move for the night. She then had to go and get us the key for the replacement cabin so it was 11.30 by the time we got to bed.

The next day we had no access to the cabin for a few hours while it was repaired. It took 2 days for us to be contacted to check we were happy but when we were we got additional on-board credit which we were very happy with.

Problems happen and it is how they are dealt with that makes good customer service. The only thing that wasn't great was that the night housekeeper didn't bring the key card for the replacement room with her it otherwise we were happy.

We heard of someone else who had had a similar problem on the eastbound TA. She said she got a bottle of nice wine.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

Hi HKM. Yikes! Sorry about the upheaval you experienced.

What was leaking?

If you don't mind my asking, would you care to share details about the deck/cabin/category that was affected by this and the other "similar problem" you heard about on a different voyage.

Happy to read your situation was resolved to your satisfaction, but quite frankly, it's disconcerting to those of us considering our next QM2 booking.

Thanks for your report and anticipated reply.

Regards,

Salacia

That doesn't sound like a great start to your trip but it's good to hear that you were happy with the way it was dealt with. Hopefully the fix is permanent !

How was the rest of your trip ?

Edited by Host Hattie

My cabin carpet had a damp patch (developed half-way through QM2's Caribbean Cruise last Autumn) near the entrance door. I reported it in the morning as I left for breakfast. The source was found, and the carpet dried, by the crew whilst I was ashore that day.

The source turned out to be a very slow leak from a pipe in one of the small service cupboards in the passageway. Someone had placed a bucket in the cupboard beneath the pipe to catch the drips, and the bucket had overflowed. The crew were very apologetic, and concerned that "all was fine for me now?" They assured me they had emptied the bucket (better to have fixed the leak IMHO).

On our first night we returned to our inside cabin about 10.45 to a card from housekeeping asking us to call. The bed had been pulled away from the wall. It took a while for the housekeeper to come and explain there had been a leak and we needed to move for the night. She then had to go and get us the key for the replacement cabin so it was 11.30 by the time we got to bed.

The next day we had no access to the cabin for a few hours while it was repaired. It took 2 days for us to be contacted to check we were happy but when we were we got additional on-board credit which we were very happy with.

Problems happen and it is how they are dealt with that makes good customer service. The only thing that wasn't great was that the night housekeeper didn't bring the key card for the replacement room with her it otherwise we were happy.

We heard of someone else who had had a similar problem on the eastbound TA. She said she got a bottle of nice wine.

I'm curious about the "similar problem." Which EB was it? We were on the July 6 EB, and one day I was walking toward the A lifts on 5, and noticed that the little hallway to the OV cabins had the carpet ripped up. The first cabin had the door open, furniture all out of place and carpet being ripped up. And there was a fan running, so I figured it was probably a leak. They said the ship was full (but they ALWAYS say that) so I wondered if there had been passengers in that cabin and how they were given new accommodation.

We were on westbound 4th August in 5066. The person who told us about her experience (before we had said about ours) was someone we met at lunch so I have no details other than she was doing back to back so I guess she was on 27th (ish) of July. I don't think she was affected overnight - just had repair being done.

We saw no evidence other than the bed looked wrong and had been moved away from the wall. Apparently there was a small leak from above. We just took nightclothes, toothbrush, phones and books with us. There was some slight inconvenience with no access to our room the next day bit nothing too bad.

I suspect that even when full there are some insides available for an emergency.

Overall it was a fairly minor inconvenience which was sorted and we were happy with how we were compensated.

Just wondering did you receive an apology from the Hotel Director and maybe a card with some kind of amenity?

Glad it got resolved relatively quickly.

Keith

We got a message from someone in customer service to discuss compensation. When we called back we were offered some on board credit which we were happy with but no we didn't get a card of apology.

I am glad that they did do something for you.

I think a little thank you from the Hotel Director would have been nice maybe with a bottle of wine.

Again, glad it worked out.

Keith

The obc paid for cocktails and wine so we were happy! Agree a card would have been nice.

On our QM2 TA crossing this past May we lost the hot water in our cabin. After we reported it to our steward I don't think the Queen herself would have gotten more attention to the problem than we did. A minor problem but even after it was fixed we received two or three follow-up phone calls from Customer Service to make sure all was well. Like HKM said, its how problems are dealt with that makes for good customer service.

This was our first and only cruise but I could write a book on all of the positive service experiences we either received or observed on the QM2. There just seemed to be an over-riding desire by the crew to be great at what they do.