MSC- Never again

wisdom4all

You are right.

MSC eventually came around to admitting what a colossal screw up they had committed.

Director of Reservations called and apologized to me and my wife.

They fixed the problem..and for the inconvenience they threw in 2 week long spa packages and onboard credits.

To understand my reactions you need to truly understand the circumstances.

I'm big enough to make peace and let bygones be bygones.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well I personally think that it is great that the Director of Reservations called you; and love that they offered some OBC and the spa packages. MSC has lots of issues with the website and with a challenged call center situation. The OP has a right to get flummoxed - I would have had the same reaction if they told me I was not paid in full!

Since you paid the price in full, did you get the 5% back as an OBC or back on to your credit card...

Good hint -- if issue with the loyalty program -- instead of wasting time with the CSR, asked to be transfered.

I'm swaying between booking MSC or staying loyal to royal and NCL...let us know about the rest of your cruise.

I talked to one representative who said the 5% would go back on the credit card. I spoke to yet another rep. and the answer was OBC.

We received OBC.

We were drawn to MSC for numerous reasons.

1. Pricing. Trying to gain a foothold in the U.S. with below market pricing makes them hard to overlook...especially the balcony and suites.

2.The ship itself (a European decor that is absolutely gorgeous from what i hear)

3. To try something new. We want to sail with as many cruise lines/ships as we can.

I love the Divina and the yacht club, if it wasn't for the YC and the price I wouldn't sail on MSC. It's always something with them prior to my cruise.

I'm dealing with an issue now. Yes I have had bad customer service before with other companies but MSC is consistently awful and I have had various problems. I just wish they would get it together.

Im glad you got your problem fixed I hope they fix mine after they told me it was fixed!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

We feel so lucky, cuz except having to call for our loyalty status match #'s, we have had 0 issues. Sorry for your bad experiences. It's horrible when your first encounter with something leaves a sour taste in your mouth. Customer service is so very important, and the first impression you get

Safe sailing

Ya know what? I have only sailed carnival and let me tell you I have had the WORST customer service experiences from them. I have had a few great ones but most of the time i hang up frustrated and it takes 3 to 5 calls to straighten the simplest things out.

With that said I just got off the phone booking divna and let me tell you I was treated better than a customer should There is nothing wrong with customer service in fact it was stellar and If the cruise is half as good and easy as setting it up I dont see myself going back to carnival.

I love the Divina and the yacht club, if it wasn't for the YC and the price I wouldn't sail on MSC. It's always something with them prior to my cruise.

I'm dealing with an issue now. Yes I have had bad customer service before with other companies but MSC is consistently awful and I have had various problems. I just wish they would get it together.

Im glad you got your problem fixed I hope they fix mine after they told me it was fixed!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

I feel your pain.

Good luck!

"One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results."

Milton Friedman

Oh brother you have not even taken the cruise and trying to make it miserable for yourself. Vacations and especially cruises require a mindset to allow or prepare yourself for the unexpected. A miscommunication about a 5% discount is out of bounds to allow yourself to have a miserable time on your cruise. First world problems.

Now go have a great cruise and come back and tell us all about it.

Oh brother you have not even taken the cruise and trying to make it miserable for yourself. Vacations and especially cruises require a mindset to allow or prepare yourself for the unexpected. A miscommunication about a 5% discount is out of bounds to allow yourself to have a miserable time on your cruise. First world problems.

Now go have a great cruise and come back and tell us all about it.

Looking forward to it!

"One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results."

Milton Friedman

No

Calling and getting the 5% was relatively easy.

Although It was during this phone call with the Voyager Club representative that I was told I still had a outstanding balance for the cruise.

It was the dozen or so calls and lost connections over the past 2 weeks that got under my skin.

I realise now that I should not have been so harsh in naming the thread. I apologise for the vitriol.

Having said that, the various problems we had with customer service concerning the details of our cruise was not pleasant. My wife has roughly 6 pages of detailed notes from all of the phone calls we made. What struck me as odd was the fact that the representatives had zero notes regarding our calls in my booking file.

Anyway,issues have been resolved.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No

Calling and getting the 5% was relatively easy.

Although It was during this phone call with the Voyager Club representative that I was told I still had a outstanding balance for the cruise.

It was the dozen or so calls and lost connections over the past 2 weeks that got under my skin.

I realise now that I should not have been so harsh in naming the thread. I apologise for the vitriol.

Having said that, the various problems we had with customer service concerning the details of our cruise was not pleasant. My wife has roughly 6 pages of detailed notes from all of the phone calls we made. What struck me as odd was the fact that the representatives had zero notes regarding our calls in my booking file.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I feel ya I have had the same issues with carnival. In fact one of many cases I dealt with them I just wanted to add a cruise to my past cruises on their rewards thingy. I called 4 times before anyone could actually do anything about it. And the last time I dealt with them to find out my future cruise credit I only had to call twice but the first lady I talked to had no clue got frustrated with me no matter how nice i remained and told me to call tomorrow because she didnt care anymore and did all she can, which was absolutely nothing. lol so now I am trying MSC. Booking on the phone yesterday was such a pure pleasure

The best has yet to come. You will be very impressed with Divina the minute you set foot on her.

We weren't. Never again like the op stated. Pools were closed on sea days, buffets were closed for breakfast. Bars were closed. DH and I actually lost weight the food was so bad. One bartender said he was closed 30 mins prior to the time stated in the daily and refused to give out beer till we made a fuss. You can keep the staircase.

Glad you were able to get the issues sorted out wisdom4all. I can appreciate how frustrating (and concerning) it must have been knowing you had paid, but MSC saying the opposite!

Great that they came through in the end, and also offered you some extra perks/compensation for you time and trouble.

Hope you can now enjoy your cruise!

We weren't. Never again like the op stated. Pools were closed on sea days, buffets were closed for breakfast. Bars were closed. DH and I actually lost weight the food was so bad. One bartender said he was closed 30 mins prior to the time stated in the daily and refused to give out beer till we made a fuss. You can keep the staircase.

did they open your cabin for you or it was closed as well? :confused:

We, too, observed the odd bars were closed bit. Very surprising that the pool bar was closed until maybe 4 or 5 p.m. several days. (the bar next to that "inside" pool). Had to walk all the way to the other end of the ship by to get a drink (Poseiden bars?)

I would think only the pools would be closed if it was maybe too much rocking on the boat? (although can't imagine it was any worse than our cruise where it was sloshing the pool water about 2' up in the air and splashing most of the water out of the pool).

Thought I would share my experience with this 5% issue. Bottom line: Extremely pleased with MSC Voyager Club customer support! I booked last month on the Divina and joined the Voyager Club at the same time. I was told the 5% would be applied even though I was fully paid up. As of this morning I did not see a credit on my account so I called MSC. They looked it up and said the 5% had been approved and authorization sent to my travel agent. Then the Voyager Club rep told me "Check with your TA to look for your refund and if no luck, call me back and I'll take care of it for you". You can't expect better service than that! Called my TA who had the authorization from MSC already and immediately processed my 5% refund to my credit card. Happy ending!

Thought I would share my experience with this 5% issue. Bottom line: Extremely pleased with MSC Voyager Club customer support! I booked last month on the Divina and joined the Voyager Club at the same time. I was told the 5% would be applied even though I was fully paid up. As of this morning I did not see a credit on my account so I called MSC. They looked it up and said the 5% had been approved and authorization sent to my travel agent. Then the Voyager Club rep told me "Check with your TA to look for your refund and if no luck, call me back and I'll take care of it for you". You can't expect better service than that! Called my TA who had the authorization from MSC already and immediately processed my 5% refund to my credit card. Happy ending!

Nice to hear a good news story! :)