Not Impressed with New Canadian Prices website

cruisingxpert

Yes, they hedge their currency options and so when the CAD suddenly dropped a lot there were some very good buys both on fixed currency pricing form some cruise lines and from some TAs that had group rate contracts on some sailings at a fixed price (as the drop was so unexpected). Might have to go mass market lines but hard to say no at some of the prices offered.

Right now I can't even search availablilty - the Cad website only allows you to request a quote.

This is the most wrong part. Why would I even go to O's website?? Do I really want to "get a quote" every time just to see what is available?

Do I want to get on their annoying phone me after a quote" list. Hardly. Happened once. Three times I had to say I was not interested in a call and to not call. The last time I was very firm - "do NOT call me" because being polite did not work. I did soften it a bit with you can send me email.

Since the Improvements ( a minimizing reference like calling the trouble in Eire "the Troubles") I found O's website very hard to "shop' for an interesting sailing and so often go elsewhere. Now I will always go elsewhere. And those sites will also show my sailings from other cruise lines. Good for me, not good for O. And *IF* O fixes it and *IF* that is reported on CC and *IF* I see that post I wont be back to O's website except to manage my bookings, as long as I have one.

(yes, I am displeased with their web site and this just adds to it. Have they ever asked a focus group to vet their changes???? In one of my lives I was in IT and also client application Support [b2B]. I know the importance of a good user interface.)

That said why should we need to get a VPN or do other tactics just to see the fares in USD like we have been doing for years with O.

JMO

I agree +1+1+1. In fairness, I suspect what has happened is the slow roll-out of foreign currency bookings and they hit this hump.

So some time even though we could get CAD pricing it was not on the web site and had to go through a TA or an O CSR. It had to be handled through their internal systems. Now they are making it available to all . I think prematurely as this is a mess. Perhaps they have a whole bunch of hedge CAD they need to move or lose on the improving (for us) exchange rate. As has been pointed out the rate is not very favourable right now.

In any case I really dislike this "we know what you want better than you" attitude of some many companies and so only show is CAD. O is not alone in that . Though alone in the ridiculous "request a quote to see what we've got". Why a simple "pick your country" choice? Hint: the most successful internet companies do (i.e Amazon let me choose where I want to buy)

Sorry to any who have read this far. I need a nap or a drink now.

Thanks YoHoHo for your responses.

This is the answer from Mike Moore when I asked if we can access the US site and why can't we check availability - can only request a quote.

I have forwarded your disappointment about no longer being able to see USD pricing on the Canadian version of our website up to the decision makers. At this time there is no longer a way for you to check USD pricing on our website.

Mike Moore | Vice President, Website & Reservations Systems

P: +1 954.940.7332

mmoore@oceaniaregent.com |www.oceaniacruises.com | www.rssc.com

Oceania Cruises | Regent Seven Seas Cruises

7665 Corporate Center Drive | Miami FL 33126