How to very nearly miss the boat

safarigal

:DI understand that if you are on excursions booked the the ship, they will wait for regardless. On a cruise to the Faroes last year, we booked one tour privately which garaunteed getting you back in plenty of time, and they did, but next year I'll be travelling alone and will book all my excursions through the ship just in case. I don't really do running!:D

Many years ago, on another cruise line, we were in San Juan, pulled out and pulled into the harbour, and then stopped when someone came on the loudspeaker to say someone had missed the ship and we were stopping to wait for them. Of course we all ran up to a deck to watch as a pilot boat pulled alongside and brought 2 15 year olds to the ship. We figure that because they were teens was the only reason we stopped to wait. Figured that after the parents rejoiced at seeing them they then probably gave them a good talking to especially after they got the bill from the pilot!

Years ago, a physician friend of ours recommend we buy stock in the pharmaceutical company that was about to re-brand sildenafil citrate, which at the time, was prescribed to treat pulmonary arterial hypertension . A new usage was discovered, and the drug would be marketed under a new name, sure to make millions, he told us. Needless to say, the pharmaceutical company did well (and no, we didn't buy the stock).

Anyway, apparently, there are different uses for the same medication, as is often the case.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sildenafil

So sorry you didn't invest!

In this case, the medication in question was not being used for pulmonary hypertension, otherwise the story would not have been humorous.

Ricki

In this case, the medication in question was not being used for pulmonary hypertension, otherwise the story would not have been humorous.

Ricki

Had one stuck in my throat once. Had a stiff neck for hours!

On a maiden season cruise on QM2 we called at Civitavecchia. There was a large, rich and lively group of Russians on board-lots of couture and diamonds. We were supposed to sail BUT the Russians were nowhere to be seen aboard at the appointed time.

Commodore Warwick was on the bridge wing seething, an officer was on the pier starring down the quay and there were two large ferries steaming in circles; they could not come in until we got out.

Finally a number of shiny vans came roaring along horns blowing. Out burst the missing Russians, each burdened with multiple high-end shopping bags.

We all heard there was a tense conversation . :o

On a maiden season cruise on QM2 we called at Civitavecchia. There was a large, rich and lively group of Russians on board-lots of couture and diamonds. We were supposed to sail BUT the Russians were nowhere to be seen aboard at the appointed time.

Commodore Warwick was on the bridge wing seething, an officer was on the pier starring down the quay and there were two large ferries steaming in circles; they could not come in until we got out.

Finally a number of shiny vans came roaring along horns blowing. Out burst the missing Russians, each burdened with multiple high-end shopping bags.

We all heard there was a tense conversation . :o

Shame they had not invested in a good watch rather than the "couture and diamonds". But a bigger shame the Commodore did not sail away without them - bet he would have if it had been a less wealthy group.

Yes there was, people were watching him as he met his car, so he was identifiable.

Where you there? You are making assumptions that did not happen.

The man in question did not appear. The driver gave the bag to security. ( which I mentioned in my post) Apparently, it was later delivered to the man's cabin.

There was no way for a passenger to identify whose driver it was.

Respectfully,

Ricki

Ricki

Thanks, but I have no regrets about not investing. (Insider Trading is terribly unappealing to me.)

But back to the story about the Captain who delayed the ship's departure in order that a passenger receive delivery of a medication...do you not think the Captain asked what the script was for? It's funny that a Captain would delay departure for one man who needed ED medication. Also, being such a common medication, it's surprising the on-board pharmacy did not have it in stock.

You can see why I've never been asked to dine at the Doctor's table :o

Thanks, but I have no regrets about not investing. (Insider Trading is terribly unappealing to me.)

But back to the story about the Captain who delayed the ship's departure in order that a passenger receive delivery of a medication...do you not think the Captain asked what the script was for? It's funny that a Captain would delay departure for one man who needed ED medication. Also, being such a common medication, it's surprising the on-board pharmacy did not have it in stock.

You can see why I've never been asked to dine at the Doctor's table :o

I really don't know what transpired between the guest, the Reception Desk and the Captain to delay departure.

I wouldn't be surprised if the medical center began stocking the drug after this incident.

Ricki