Any deals on drink packages?

I am a Diamond Member. Just booked our cruise for next year.

Does RCCL ever offer any type of discount, coupons or special deals on their drink packages prior to the actual cruise date. I will most likely purchase the drink package, but I was just wondering if I should wait and see if they offer any special deals over the next year until my actual cruise departure date arrives.

Does RCCL ever offer any type of discount, coupons or special deals on their drink packages prior to the actual cruise date. I will most likely purchase the drink package, but I was just wondering if I should wait and see if they offer any special deals over the next year until my actual cruise departure date arrives.

Yes, deals are offered at random times, check your Cruise Planner.

I have a cruise in Sept and for several months in my "cruise planner" there has been specials for excursions, dining, drinks etc. Wait a few months and specials will appear for your actual cruise - have to log in reservation number etc.

We don't purchase the drink package so I am not positive, but I believe there is a discount offered to Diamond members on board. I think I read it was 20% off on board prices, which may not be any lower than a "sale" price you can fine pre-cruise in your planner.

We are new to RC. Where can I find the deals on the Cruise Planner? I couldn't see anything, but it could be because we are not sailing for more than a year.

Thank you!

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

When you select the various options (excursions, specialty dining, internet, etc.) you will see any specials they may have.

Do you know if the deal is only for certain cruises? I didn't see anything for our cruise but it is not until 11/18. Maybe that is why?

From what I saw, those specials went through Feb. 2018. Our March cruise was not included. I check daily and I'm still waiting for something to show up.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all!

I'm trying to absorb all of the info on this, so sorry if I'm just misunderstanding or this has been answered. First time going Diamond AND since they added drink packages... it's been a while!

I'm cruising on Allure in November and in the planner it says the drink package is $46 (before gratuity) and notes "Price displayed reflects 20% savings from onboard prices." which I assume means 20% less than if I purchased the package onboard the ship.

Now I also see that Diamond members get 20% off the package as well on board. So does that essentially mean if I buy now it's 20% off onboard prices and is $46... BUT if I wait and buy onboard and get the Diamond 20% off, it would still be $46? Either way, same price I guess?

Thank you so much!!

Hello all!

I'm trying to absorb all of the info on this, so sorry if I'm just misunderstanding or this has been answered. First time going Diamond AND since they added drink packages... it's been a while!

I'm cruising on Allure in November and in the planner it says the drink package is $46 (before gratuity) and notes "Price displayed reflects 20% savings from onboard prices." which I assume means 20% less than if I purchased the package onboard the ship.

Now I also see that Diamond members get 20% off the package as well on board. So does that essentially mean if I buy now it's 20% off onboard prices and is $46... BUT if I wait and buy onboard and get the Diamond 20% off, it would still be $46? Either way, same price I guess?

Thank you so much!!

Yes, assuming the Diamond discount is available (it's been reported not offered on some ships) and RC's math is the same as everyone else's ( a dubious assumption), then the price onboard should be the same as you are seeing with the 20% discount offer in your Cruise Planner.

Hello all!

Thank you so much!!

That $46 price is about as good as it gets. If you want the drink package, jump on that. :)