Is it worth it?

gatorchinsky

We are thinking of booking the Seaside for Thanksgiving 2018 but the different experiences are a little confusing.

We aren't fancy or need extra special attention so the YC isn't really important to us. We do like to drink (and have sodas) but we don't go over board because I don't really want to get drunk.

I did a mock booking of a balcony with Bella, Fantastica and Auera. Fantastica was $220 more than Bella and Audra was $1100 more than Bella. I know stateroom choices are better with Fantastica and Auera but are they that much better? Is the Auera experience worth the extra $1100?

Is the drink package that you can purchase the same drink package included with the Auera experience?

Thank you for any help!

I think we paid about the same additional to move up from Bella to Fantastica and for us it is absolutely worth it. With Bella there is no guarantee you will have a table in the main dining room! That is an deal-breaker. If they are unable to accommodate you are sat in a cornered off section of the buffet with a waiter. We also wanted to be guaranteed late fixed dining which requires booking at at least the Fantastica level. The better stateroom location helps as well but the dining situation is what really pushed us.

We are thinking of booking the Seaside for Thanksgiving 2018 but the different experiences are a little confusing.

We aren't fancy or need extra special attention so the YC isn't really important to us. We do like to drink (and have sodas) but we don't go over board because I don't really want to get drunk.

I did a mock booking of a balcony with Bella, Fantastica and Auera. Fantastica was $220 more than Bella and Audra was $1100 more than Bella. I know stateroom choices are better with Fantastica and Auera but are they that much better? Is the Auera experience worth the extra $1100?

Is the drink package that you can purchase the same drink package included with the Auera experience?

Thank you for any help!

Depend of your preferences , for us does not worth. we don't use spa and don't drink that much.

If you have Fantastica and dine in the mdr, is water free or do you have to use a voucher? I'm wondering how much our bill would be after the vouchers are done and we want drinks. For us 12 vouchers for alcohol, soda, etc will not last very long. When we cruise Carnival we get the soda package and buy our adult beverages. We usually don't drink a lot so the bill isn't too bad. When we cruise NCL we always get the UBP perk. We will drink more than we normally do since we don't have to worry about the bill.

I'm probably making this a lot harder than it has to be.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you have Fantastica and dine in the mdr, is water free or do you have to use a voucher? I'm wondering how much our bill would be after the vouchers are done and we want drinks. For us 12 vouchers for alcohol, soda, etc will not last very long. When we cruise Carnival we get the soda package and buy our adult beverages. We usually don't drink a lot so the bill isn't too bad. When we cruise NCL we always get the UBP perk. We will drink more than we normally do since we don't have to worry about the bill.

I'm probably making this a lot harder than it has to be.

Tap water is always free in the MDR. If you want bottled water anywhere on the ship you pay (or use voucher). It is 12 vouchers each, and much better value to use the vouchers on adult beverages and buy your non-alcoholic. You can also buy additional vouchers (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) for a good price before boarding.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Tap water is always free in the MDR. If you want bottled water anywhere on the ship you pay (or use voucher). It is 12 vouchers each, and much better value to use the vouchers on adult beverages and buy your non-alcoholic. You can also buy additional vouchers (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) for a good price before boarding.

Thank you for this information. I don't think I saw anything about being able to buy more vouchers for a good price. That might be a good option.

I have another question.. when I do mock booking and put in Fantastica balcony it says there is an extra item(s) included in the price and it shows Mealtime restaurant drink package C and Mealtime restaurant drink package A. Doing a quick read through it sounds like you can get free drinks, alcoholic and non-alcoholic, during lunch and dinner in the mdr or buffett. It also looks like the alcoholic drinks are limited to only a few choices. Has anyone ever had this extra and how did it work?

That is the current deal going. The mealtime alcohol is a VERY limited selection of wine by the glass and cheap beers. No hard liquor drinks included. Soda and bottled water also included with this package. You would still get the fantastica vouchers as well.

Water is not free in Europe

It looks like Fantastica will be a good experience for us. The price for this cruise is a great deal for it being Thanksgiving week. I have reservations also for NCL Bliss and NCL Getaway and the Seaside price is over $1000 less.