sold out cruise , worth calling for availability?

Hi

Have been looking to book a cruise in October but RCI website says its now sold out. Is it worth calling to check availability?

Do they have any standby system if rooms become available?

Cheers

Bob

They supposedly have a wait list system, but I cannot recall anyone reporting that it worked for them. Can't hurt to call.

As Bob said, there is a waitlist system. You can get on the wait list by calling Royal Caribbean directly or using a travel agent. One isn't better than the other. Odds are low that you'll get in, but there's always a chance someone cancels last minute. If its the Grandeur to Bahamas, there ARE three suites available that you can book now. But they're $2,000+ per person.

Thanks All,

I'll give it a go in the morning.

Cruise is to the Canaries in October.

May have to go with P&O :eek:

Cheers

Isn't that a bad time of year to be crossing the Bay of Biscay? [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just called and they have rooms available for 3 guests not 2!

Hi Cruiser.. Often they relax the 2 in cabin or three in cabin as date gets closer and have not sold. Only bad thing is cruisers that need Air. Good luck on you efforts. Bob

Just called and they have rooms available for 3 guests not 2!

They generally relax that at some point, although being 60 days out I feel like they should have already. Alternatively you could pay for the 3rd passenger and then have them no show at the pier. You'd be refunded port fees for that passenger, but not the fare.

They generally relax that at some point, although being 60 days out I feel like they should have already. Alternatively you could pay for the 3rd passenger and then have them no show at the pier. You'd be refunded port fees for that passenger, but not the fare.

Thanks a bit pricey paying for the 3rd ,

Waiting for a call back but not holding my breath!

Edited by Bobblehat71

Thanks a bit pricey paying for the 3rd ,

Waiting for a call back but not holding my breath!

Based on a previous comment you might be from the UK. Use a US-based Travel Agent and use the Kids Sail Free promotion.....just pick a grand child or borrow a friend's child :-)

Not sure if there will be any options much longer. Current availability:

2 Interior (K)

4 Balcony (E1)

1 JS

1 RS

The JS is available to book 2 passengers on their Travel Agent site - 1694 (Aft JS!). $5,304.44 USD. Might want to call now before it disappears.

Hi

Have been looking to book a cruise in October but RCI website says its now sold out. Is it worth calling to check availability?

Do they have any standby system if rooms become available?

Cheers

Bob

I'd call a TA and see if

they have a block of rooms they might be available to get you in on, costs you nothing to call.

Thanks for all the replies. A balcony did pop up briefly yesterday but was alot more than I was willing to pay. However I went the through the booking process and found that the final payment date wasnt until 31st August. If thats correct then a few rooms may become available next week.

I am also looking at a week in the caribean on Oasis as this is currently cheaper even with flights!