Host Bob...

Jana

How are you doing in Carbondale? We got dark and the temperature dropped about 10 degrees. It's unfortunately overcast but we can still see it. I want to hear about your experience!

jj

How are you doing in Carbondale? We got dark and the temperature dropped about 10 degrees. It's unfortunately overcast but we can still see it. I want to hear about your experience!

jj

We're about 30 minutes from totality. Noticibly dimmer and cooler. However, while we have a clear shot now, there are clouds building and I don't know if we will get a clear shot of the total eclipse.

We are near Boston and are only supposed to have a shadow of around 63%. I didn't bother to try to find glasses but I just made one of those cereal box projectors and it does work. We won't have maximum shadow until around 2:45pm, but I can see the shape of the sun now changing. Pretty cool.

63% here in Texas...an awesome sight. I can remember the eerie gray color of it from last time in 1979....simply nothing like that still grayness. the greens of the grass and leaves are grayer and dimmer etc. Really weird!!! I love it. The colandar thingy works great, tons of little half suns!!

Lots of puffy clouds here but moving past so you can glimpse the sun every few minutes. I have glasses.

My fur ball kitty is acting rather strange! running around the room and jumping on the walls. too funny, had to tell her not to worry, it won't bite her!

Boy would I love to be on Allure right now!

Boy would I love to be on Allure right now!

I think it's Oasis, and ME TOO! I have a Bonnie Tyler earworm.

We were at 99.5%. I was going to drive 30 miles to be in totality but it's a two-lane highway, it was overcast, I stayed home and watched from my front deck with the neighbors calling out to each other. The cloud cover was too reflective, it didn't get as dark as it should have. We did get down to a hair's width sliver on the upper right, so almost total without the hassle of driving and parking etc.

Amazing, I'm so glad I experienced it.

jj

Yes, meant Oasis, pulling up her webcams right now because the NASA feed is at Charleston.

The pool deck cam is funkified, but it does look really dark...also dark on Central Park and Boardwalk, nobody walking around, must all be top side.

They showed clouds in Carbondale on TV. Yay for you!

jj

We went to Marion instead of Carbondale, based on sky cover forecasts. Pure luck, there was more than 50% clouds. Sun cleared the clouds about 3 minutes before totality.

We went to Marion instead of Carbondale, based on sky cover forecasts. Pure luck, there was more than 50% clouds. Sun cleared the clouds about 3 minutes before totality.

OMG you're brilliant! I didn't risk life and limb for an additional 4%-5% coverage by driving to Lincoln City because the whole northern coast was covered, and we clear up here on the bay sometimes faster than the towns right on the ocean.

This is so awesome, we are discussing a SHARED experience that didn't take place on a ship!

jj

Still watching the NASA feed. It has been quite the experience watching the different towns experience this. It was a spiritual experience and it felt great and unifying that so many Americans watched with us! Wish we could all just stay that way.

Yes, meant Oasis, pulling up her webcams right now because the NASA feed is at Charleston.

The pool deck cam is funkified, but it does look really dark...also dark on Central Park and Boardwalk, nobody walking around, must all be top side.

Somebody yell "mermaid on the port side" and see if Oasis can handle the shift.

Saw the first 20 minutes of the eclipse then it clouded over here. :(

Oasis went 400 miles out of its way to see the eclipse. They are broadcasting live from Oasis on National TV. Oasis is a Royal Caribbean ship. Seems to be about Royal Caribbean to me.

The OP references Carbondale, is that where the Oasis went? Host "Bob" (clarea) posted a few posts up that he's in a field? :confused:

The OP references Carbondale, is that where the Oasis went? Host "Bob" (clarea) posted a few posts up that he's in a field? :confused:

It is about Royal loyal cruisers caring and sharing. What can be wrong with that? We post back and forth and share information daily so why can't we post and share things we enjoy and care about. Why so negative?