Devil's Isle Cruise Beach Snorkel

coneyraven

My wife and I are thinking about doing this excursion - I'm looking for any recent reviews, pictures, etc. All reviews I've found seem to be over a year old.

The Bermuda cruise season just started a couple of weeks ago, and the beach season is just getting started about now. It's a little early for most people to have taken an excursion like this.

The Bermuda cruise season just started a couple of weeks ago, and the beach season is just getting started about now. It's a little early for most people to have taken an excursion like this.

Good point. Although, I'd even appreciate a review from last year. The only ones I could find were from 2014 and earlier.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Has anyone taken this ship excursion or had experience with Devil's Isle?

We're two women in our early 60's traveling with 2 teens (my son, her daughter) on Celebrity Summit. I recently had a total knee replacement and am not as recovered as I thought I would be still need a cane to walk steps and help me get up from seated) They want to snorkel and I want to sit on a beach.

Normally, I rarely take a ship excursion but this one looked interesting and the price was ok ($60- and I have lots of OBC to use) Most snorkel tours are just that, but this one also includes a beach. The others in my group are worried that its not really good snorkeling.

Any input appreciated! We are leaving on Sunday!

Kings Wharf, Bermuda

This tour combines a sightseeing cruise with the perfect island escape. Begin with a boat ride through the bays and beaches of the Devil’s Isles. Drop anchor at a secluded paradise equipped with everything you need for the best Bermuda day ever. Grab a float and unwind in the water. Lounge on the soft sand. Snorkel the shallow reef. Or, order up a drink from the Dark ‘n Stormy Boat Bar and simply relax. There are some kayaks and paddle boards available and they are subject to a first come, first serve basis.

Has anyone taken this ship excursion or had experience with Devil's Isle?

We're two women in our early 60's traveling with 2 teens (my son, her daughter) on Celebrity Summit. I recently had a total knee replacement and am not as recovered as I thought I would be still need a cane to walk steps and help me get up from seated) They want to snorkel and I want to sit on a beach.

Normally, I rarely take a ship excursion but this one looked interesting and the price was ok ($60- and I have lots of OBC to use) Most snorkel tours are just that, but this one also includes a beach. The others in my group are worried that its not really good snorkeling.

The description sounds like an excursion I did in Bermuda about 15 years ago. It includes a beach but they are going to drop anchor and you will have to climb down into the water and back up from the water on the boat ladder to snorkel and also get on the small beach. Do you think you can do that? If it is that same beach, no place to sit.

My suggestion would be to go to Tobacco Bay in St. George's. It is a beach, there are chair rentals or a deck you can sit at while they snorkel. It is decent snorkeling off of the beach. Corel and large parrot fish. As far as really good snorkeling, the snorkeling in Bermuda does not compare to the Caribbean because it is not the tropics but Tobacco bay is good. Been on about four differnt boat snorkeling excursions in Bermuda and Tobacco Bay was just as good.

Edited by Charles4515

The description sounds like an excursion I did in Bermuda about 15 years ago. It includes a beach but they are going to drop anchor and you will have to climb down into the water and back up from the water to get on the small beach. Do you think you can do that?

My suggestion would be to go to Tobacco Bay in St. George's. It is a beach and there is decent snorkeling off of the beach.

Thanks, Charles!

We were thinking of going to St. George's anyway so that's a good idea!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but we will be in Bermuda from Summit this June, and I'm hoping that more people who did this excursion last year can provide feedback. Does anyone know what exact beach it goes to? What islands comprise the tour? Thanks!

I know this is an old thread, but we will be in Bermuda from Summit this June, and I'm hoping that more people who did this excursion last year can provide feedback. Does anyone know what exact beach it goes to? What islands comprise the tour? Thanks!

Most posters here likely don’t do ship excursions. They cost more than booking them direct from the operator. I think the excursion may be the same one as in this link called Sundeck Siteseeing and Snorkel. There are many small islands and beaches off the coast. I don’t think you are going to get names but you might look the excursion up on TripAdvisor under the Sundeck Siteseeing name. Fantasea is the operator. Whether you book thru the ship, Island Tour Centre or Viator you will be on the same excursions.

https://www.islandtourcentre.com/reservations/

Edited by Charles4515

• 3 months later...

We did this excursion two years ago and it was quite apparent it was going to rain and they still left the dock and said they had warnings about lightening in the area and if there was they were going to have to turn around. 5 mins. out it started to pour and sure enough the lightening started. No turn around. When we finally got there with wind, rain and lightening, it let up a bit and they dropped anchor and we snorkeled and they were very restrictive where you could go as it is on a rocky piece of land with houses right above and they said a lady didn't want anyone snorkeling by her house. Consequently, it was packed with people from the boat in the limited area and it was all churned up. Upon our return we went to customer service and they refunded the money after talking to others that were on the boat. The next day we rented a boat and stopped by the same area and the snorkeling was good and we were the only ones there. Can't do anything about the weather but they were warned and never should have gone out. This was a cruise excursion

We did this excursion two years ago and it was quite apparent it was going to rain and they still left the dock and said they had warnings about lightening in the area and if there was they were going to have to turn around. 5 mins. out it started to pour and sure enough the lightening started. No turn around. When we finally got there with wind, rain and lightening, it let up a bit and they dropped anchor and we snorkeled and they were very restrictive where you could go as it is on a rocky piece of land with houses right above and they said a lady didn't want anyone snorkeling by her house. Consequently, it was packed with people from the boat in the limited area and it was all churned up. Upon our return we went to customer service and they refunded the money after talking to others that were on the boat. The next day we rented a boat and stopped by the same area and the snorkeling was good and we were the only ones there. Can't do anything about the weather but they were warned and never should have gone out. This was a cruise excursion