Carnival's Vacation Protection

alpogi8

We cruise Carnival and always purchase their travel protection plan. Unfortunately a member of my family who is not cruising with us passed away unexpectedly a week before our cruise and we have to cancel. I spoke to a Carnival rep and she explained that the only refund I will receive will be port, tax , Carnival's shore excursions and gratuities. I'm trying to find out if I'm due for anything or if I can reschedule my cruise but her point is clear that my cruise amount is now non refundable. But because I purchased travel protection I was referred to Aon Affinity . Aon rep will not discuss or lead you to believe that you will get anything back. She said that Aon will have to receive all necessary documents to evaluate and then will make their decision. So I requested the forms to be sent to my e-mail and made sure I have a claim number for future correspondence. All paperworks that Aon requested were submitted online on June 16,2017. Yesterday July 3rd, I received all my refund checks 100%+. I was so relieved that I purchase insurance every time we cruise. Is it case to case basis? I don't know. Maybe my situation is one criteria that I will be refunded 100%. I have yet to read the fine prints in my contract. This is just my experience with Carnival travel protection that I'm happy to share.

I have yet to read the fine prints in my contract.

That sentence right there is 100% of the issue of not knowing if you were covered or not. Turns out, you were.

Not every policy is the same. There are other policies out there where you would not have been covered.

With Carnivals policy, had you not have cancelled for a "covered" reason,, you would have at least received a 75% credit towards a future cruise because the policy would have reverted to the CFAR (Cancel For Any Reason) rider which is included with each policy sold by Carnival.

Thanks klfrodo for your input. Much appreciated. Its a bad habit of mine to just scan through the contents of the contract without really reading and understanding its contents. Its just so easy to click accept and be done with it. Valuable lesson indeed. Next time I will pay more attention . CC and this thread is a valuable resource.