Where do you keep your gear when you don't take it with you?

Hi All. I'm bringing my gear but not planning on carrying it with me 24/7. Will my Fuji XT2 and a couple of fairly small lenses fit in the room safe (NCL)? What about a medium sized tablet? If not, where do you hide your gear/electronics when you leave the cabin without it? Do you hide it? I don't want to be paranoid but I also don't want to be naive either.

TIA for your input.

I keep some gear in the safe, often a Canon 70-200 2.8 and a flash, two iPads and DW's jewelry. It all seems to fit. I rarely leave without my 5D MK III and the two short zooms. My MacBook Pro goes into a drawer under some clothing. Never had a problem....fingers crossed going forward.

I don’t worry about the cabin stewards, more about someone walking by when the door is open and snatching any gear that might be laying out. At the least I put things in the closet out of sight. Those safes are so small that not much gear can fit into them.

I have an elaborate system of SSDs and hard drives, and one of those hard drives is always in the safe right up until the final morning, kept rather up to date through a system of scripts. Other than that drive, we leave huge amounts of gear in our cabin often, and have never had a problem. We make a small effort to keep things out of view from the hallway, but the steward definitely knows we've got a collection going on.

Hi All. I'm bringing my gear but not planning on carrying it with me 24/7. Will my Fuji XT2 and a couple of fairly small lenses fit in the room safe (NCL)? What about a medium sized tablet? If not, where do you hide your gear/electronics when you leave the cabin without it? Do you hide it? I don't want to be paranoid but I also don't want to be naive either.

TIA for your input.

You are being paranoid. Most of us just leave it anywhere in the cabin that is convenient. No problems so far.

DON

I don't 'secure' anything, but also generally don't leave it out in plain sight - not so much for security fears as for the fact that I like a neat looking cabin...so usually whatever large camera bag I bring with all my gear in it, I will store in a cabinet door if there is one, like next to the couches in the cabins or by a desk if the cabin has one...or slide it under the bed. On any given day, I may have the camera plus attached lens sitting out on the desk, or plugged in to charge, but otherwise the rest of the lenses are usually just put away in my camera bag and tucked away somewhere for neatness. It's good when I have a minisuite or larger room that has two dedicated desk spaces or extra storage cabinets, as that makes it easy to find places to put everything away neatly. I've never had any theft issues from the cabins.