Short video from our recent Bermuda trip

lmintzer

This highlights some of our aerial adventures over the 2.5 days we spent on the island. Wish, in retrospect, we would have had a GoPro and a gimbal--this was filmed with a traditional video cam, and iPhone, and a Olympus TG-4 (plus some animated stills).

This highlights some of our aerial adventures over the 2.5 days we spent on the island. Wish, in retrospect, we would have had a GoPro and a gimbal--this was filmed with a traditional video cam, and iPhone, and a Olympus TG-4 (plus some animated stills).

Awesome! Thanks for sharing. Your family is very adventurous! We leave this Coming Sunday on the Summit.

Thanks. Hope you have a great trip. Was trying to plan some active adventures for my teen boys. Was super impressed with my father for keeping up with us for the most part (he wasn't scared to parasail where I was nervous about it--wound up loving it though).

Thanks. Hope you have a great trip. Was trying to plan some active adventures for my teen boys. Was super impressed with my father for keeping up with us for the most part (he wasn't scared to parasail where I was nervous about it--wound up loving it though).

That's great, he just have had an amazing time! I'm thinking about parasailing.... but no one in my family will go... Thats fine as I will probably chicken out!

Great video! Thanks for posting it. I've always been a bit nervous to go parasailing though I want to...watching your video makes it less scary for me -- seeing the nuts and bolts of it. We'll be in Bermuda next month and I'd really like to try it. Which company did you use? They looked like they had their act together. Also, where were you jumping off cliffs into the water? That looks like a lot of fun.

Thanks. It was fun making the video (though it was hard trying to pick and choose from such shaky footage).

We used KS Watersports. They get good reviews on TripAdvisor, and a poster on another message board I was on had used them and said that they go through extensive safety training (and that parasailing is highly regulated in Bermuda). The day we flew. the winds were approaching the maximum allowable, so the boat was really really rocky. And, at one point, as they were about to hook up one of the women to the sail, she stumbled. Both immediately grabbed her and prevented her from falling. In doing so, they sacrificed their chute which fell overboard and was immediately waterlogged. It took them 15 minutes to get that thing untanbled and reinflated again--but they didn't give up. It was clear that they were thinking of the passanger and her safety and not their equipment or the problems they would face after. This made me feel a lot more comfortable about flying.

We cliff jumped in a very controlled environment. It at the Blue Hole as part of the Hidden Gems tour. I knew my kids would want to jump, and I didn't want them jumping anywhere where the depth/safety of the water hadn't been tested. (Yes, I would have also preferred that my crazy son would not have climbed that huge rock, but he promised not to jump, and he is exceptionally balanced and dexterous).

HTH, and thanks for watching. : )

Great video! Thanks for posting it. I've always been a bit nervous to go parasailing though I want to...watching your video makes it less scary for me -- seeing the nuts and bolts of it. We'll be in Bermuda next month and I'd really like to try it. Which company did you use? They looked like they had their act together. Also, where were you jumping off cliffs into the water? That looks like a lot of fun.

If you are serious about cliff jumping, you should consider visiting Admiralty House Park near Hamilton. Check out this

. It is not normally as crowded as shown in the video because the video shows highlights from the Falling off the Rock cliff jumping event. Watch for the dog that jumps at about 25 seconds.

SBtS

HTH, and thanks for watching. : )

Yes, definitely helps! And thanks also for the detail on KS Sports, good to know how serious they take it.

SBtS - wow! Those are some intense cliffs (for me) :p Good info though - my friends might be more into that so I'll pass it along.

I have also done parasailing with KS Watersports in Bermuda. If you are going to do it, Bermuda is the place to do it. The boat operator I had the first time (I've done it twice) told us about all the training he had to go through to get his license and about the government regulations. Made me feel much better knowing that.

And it was wonderful! Great fun!

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
Visitors to Bermuda can not rent cars, motor scooters, yes. Other ways of getting around are buses, taxis, peddle bikes, and ferries.

SBtS

Thank you wasn't aware of that

Any recommendations for a private tour company

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you wasn't aware of that

Any recommendations for a private tour company

If you want to do a tour in Bermuda, what you want to hire is a 'blue flag' taxi. The blue flag on the taxi's hood signifies that the taxi driver has qualified by the government as a tour guide. If there is any question if the driver is a qualified tour guide, ask to see his badge.

There is a current thread on the Bermuda Ports of Call forum titled - Bermuda private guide - which has the names, contact info, and CC member comments of many of the more popular drivers/guides. You can design your own tour, or the driver/guide will be happy to show you his Bermuda.

2 very popular tours are Heidi's Byway Tours and Hidden Gems Tour.

SBtS