Easiest parking at Port Canaveral - make a noon flight?

Disneydreamer2018

I am trying to figure out the least stressful/quickest way to park at Port Canaveral so we can get to Orlando (MCO) and make our 12:00 pm flight. Is there a parking lot that has an easy in and out on the day of disembarking?

We disembark on a Friday (not sure about traffic?).

Any tips are greatly appreciated!

12:00 is easy and within DCL's recommendations. We've actually made a 9:30 flight! (we were scheduled on an afternoon flight, but we got to the airport early and they moved us to the earlier one).

So, I'm guessing that you will have a rental car that you want to keep while you are cruising (paying for the car and the parking) and then driving it to MCO where you will turn it in. The closest, easiest, and most expensive place is to park right at the terminal. You get off the ship, go thru Customs, and walk to your vehicle. There are private lots that cost less and have good security.

Can I be a dork? Why do you not turn in the car at a rental location near the cruise terminal and take the DCL bus transportation back to the airport. If you are on a participating airline, you can even do "on board airline check in" where you will get your boarding passes and luggage check tags while on board. Tag the bags, place them outside your cabin at the appointed time, and not see them again until your HOME airport. When you arrive at the airport, you already have your boarding passes. There is no charge for this service other than the cost of the DCL bus transportation and it makes life so easy! Even if not on a participating airline, I can't see that it is a good deal to pay for a rental car while you are on a cruise and pay to park it. But I guess you could have some super deal where it makes sense.

You CAN do DCL transportation one way and use the rental car the other way. Florida has no "one way" charge on a rental picked up at MCO and dropped at Cape Canaveral or Cocoa Beach. It is about a 45 minute drive from the cruise terminal to MCO. Most car rental places are on airport property, so returns are easy.

to re order some of the previous post' points

Keeping a rental car, parked, is not really necessary at PC ... you have options and IMO paying rental AND parking is ....

Quick and easy parking means park at the port ... and this is somewhat expensive as compared to off site lots

Just a step away from quickest and easiest, there are two off site lots that are less than 2 miles from the pier and offer parking substantially less than what the port charges (with a bunch of shuttles) ... advance payment via the web is a must. (there are others that are farther away .... I would NOT use these)

if I was looking for least stress in your situation ..... I'd return the car at Port Canaveral and book DCL transport to the airport. Note, I am not saying this is least cost ... but if you crunch the numbers I doubt it will be more (depends on how many bodies we are talkin' about)

All in all - a noon flight is easy 90% of the time ......

{btw ... I live minutes from the port .... altho most of my PC cruise experience was when I didn't live here!}

I totally agree with the Captain that the least stress will be to rent a vehicle to drive to the port (trusting that you are coming in at least a day early), drop the car at a Cape Canaveral or Cocoa Beach return location, and book DCL transfers from the ship to MCO.

If you are coming into MCO on the embarkation day (and I do not recommend this!), use DCL transfers both ways.