Costa Luminosa World Cruise Questions

jstrutton

We are seriously looking at various world cruise in 2019. One of those ships is this Costa ship. We are been on Costa before (Magica and Europa) but it has been many years. Couple of questions and opinions are welcome:

1. Water - our last cruise on the Europa out of Savona, they would charge us each night for the bottled water. We are used to Carnival and most of the America cruise lines that give you free 'tap" water at dinner. Have a hard time picking up the bill for a 105 day cruise and paying for water every night. So, do they have free water?

2. Also, at dinner, do they charge for plan American coffee after dinner? Looking around, it is implied that they charge??

3. Pizza - we are used to free pizza on Carnival ships 24 hours a day and actually it is very good. But they appear to offer it but also charge $9 per pizza.

Any feedback from recent Luminosa cruisers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...Jay

Hi, I can reply on how it was on the Mediterranea last month.

When you book with Costa USA, you are entitled to the "Water USA" package, in other words free water at dinner. I would recommend you confirm that this will apply to such a long cruise.

They don't serve coffee after dinner. You would need to go to one of the bars and order an "Americano"

Yes, pizza in the evenings is an extra charge item. For that, its excellent pizza made to order.

One thing you might appreciate, in a premium cabin, room service is free and you can get a ceramic carafe of American coffee delivered to your room. I recommend you request "extra hot" as they do not use a thermos.

If you book with Costa USA, you get the "Waterusa" package, which is mineral water by the glass in the restaurant. Coffee is extra on that package. Other markets offer different packages, at different prices and different terms and conditions. It gets very complicated very quickly.

Pizza is offered on the buffet during the day but is an extra charge restaurant at night. It's quite good by European standards, but I think pizza in America is much better than any I've had in Europe..

Of course, it's possible there might be changes specific to the World Cruise next year, especially whether there's a buffet in the evening.

Costa World Cruises have differnt rules and regulations as compared to Costa's bread and butter cruises.

Costa have been doing the world tour now for several years and I cannot remember anyone doing a review or posting messages about it.

• 4 months later...