Hoping for some advice from Diadema/Samsara regulars

Babyeddiedog

After many years away from Costa we are seriously considering trying Diadema in the Med this winter. The itinerary is one we've done before with MSC so it will really be about spending time onboard. The covered pool, gym and spa would be things we'd enjoy; we also enjoy dancing and I've read that Dancer Bob really rates Costa in this department so thanks Bob!

The Samsara inside rooms seem the same size as the 'ordinary' inside, the only difference I can see is that the cabins are at the bow of the ship with access to the spa area. I believe that I could purchase a spa pass for around €99 for the week which would then give the same privileges if I were to pick a different room type. The difference in the cost of the ordinary inside and the Samsara inside is £400, so is anything else included? MSC offer a couple of treatments, but I can't see that's included with Costa.

Dining - There's mention of the Samsara restaurant, is that for Samsara guests or is it a premium restaurant

Samsara packages - Does anyone have any idea about the cost of treatments. I did find a link on another posting but that only took me to the Costa front page.

Drinks packages - We've had these on MSC and found them great value can anyone tell me the cost of Costa packages. It would be a package for cocktails, wine by the glass, coffee etc. not the premium one.

Sorry, my questions all seem to be cost related I guess times are tight for me!

Although we have had five Samsara cabins they have all been balconies, these are the same size as other balcony cabins we have had. Only once have we actually booked Samsara when they first came out, we have limited access to the spas, but ate in the Samsara restaurant, which just offered limited heathy dishes.

The drinks packages are Brindiamo wine/ water /coffees but no cocktails apart from 'todays' roughly 24.50 euros a day

Pui Gusto at 27 euros a day includes drinks & 34 cocktails up to 9 euros each

Indentitore at 42 euros a day includes most drinks , mini bar in cabin and selected wine in dinning rooms.

Next year they are looking at drinks included but this I believe is not coming in until next June along with club points except for Suites where they are already included.

Treatment cost in the Samsara Spa are quite expensive we thought even with the one free treatment we had with Suite, although you do have access to Spa and the area during your time on board.

Hi

Samsara Cabins and Suites are luxurious, elegant and comfortable rooms that guarantee unlimited and privileged access to the thermal area.

Samsara Cabins and Suites offer continental breakfast served directly in your cabin upon request, 24-hour Room Service, bathrobe and slippers, double CostaClub points and a 10% Premium discount on your next cruise.

In addition, Samsara Suites include all the comforts of other Costa Suites plus some special privileges: purifying shower filter, essential-oil diffuser, bathroom scales and a kettle with a selection of herbal teas.

From the Costa website. The restaurant used to be included in the price but it is no longer the case. Who would want bathroom scales on a cruise! Will make you paranoid leaving your cabin. As for herbal teas, yuck.

Alicat