How was Las Caletas getaway in Puerto Vallarta?

We totally enjoyed our day there! It's a beautiful lush island with a very nice beach.

It wasn't crowded at all. The only people that were there were from the ship, so of course no vendors!

The food was really outstanding and the drink service on the beach was really good also. I remember the paella was delish!!!

You can enjoy the water activities like stand up paddling boarding, canoes, rafts, etc, or just relax.

The staff puts on a show on the 45 minute or so boat ride there and back that was really entertaining. They also serve drinks on the boat ride.

Enjoy your cruise!

We totally enjoyed our day there! It's a beautiful lush island with a very nice beach.

It wasn't crowded at all. The only people that were there were from the ship, so of course no vendors!

The food was really outstanding and the drink service on the beach was really good also. I remember the paella was delish!!!

You can enjoy the water activities like stand up paddling boarding, canoes, rafts, etc, or just relax.

The staff puts on a show on the 45 minute or so boat ride there and back that was really entertaining. They also serve drinks on the boat ride.

Enjoy your cruise!

Sounds great!! :) Can't wait!!!

Thank you! ;)

I agree with the other posters. It's a great day. The ride down is so much fun as the crew entertains and you get great views along the way. While there, there are no vendors so that just makes it even better. The food is good, drinks are included, etc. I've been twice. I know there are some things that cost but I can't remember what. I didn't pay anything extra on my two trips.

I agree with the other posters. It's a great day. The ride down is so much fun as the crew entertains and you get great views along the way. While there, there are no vendors so that just makes it even better. The food is good, drinks are included, etc. I've been twice. I know there are some things that cost but I can't remember what. I didn't pay anything extra on my two trips.

Can't wait!!! :) Thank you!!!

I was there a few years ago and it was fantastic!

The lunch that they serve there, which is included in the fare, is great and very delicious. They also have yummy fresh coconuts for sale on the beach.

After lunch, there were so many things to do, you can relax or you can do a bunch of different activities. I tried paddle boarding (I completely failed at it) and kayaking, which was extremely fun. There is also snorkeling available. You can either snorkel around on your own or follow a tour guide who will take you deeper towards the ocean.

The crew aboard the boat will put on a hilarious show on your way back to the cruise ship docks, very entertaining. :) Overall it was a great experience and you'll have so much fun!

Ignorant question, I'm sure....but, should we be prepared to tip at Las Caletas and I'd so, what is customary?

You will be served by two groups of people during your Las Caletas excursion: the crew on the excursion boat and the land based staff at Las Caletas itself. There will be a couple individuals at the Las Caletas dock holding tip buckets as you depart the excursion site and there will be a boat crew member with a tip bucket back in the port when you get back. Both groups hope that you are very happy (or drunk or both) and want to show your appreciation for the service they rendered during the day.

A tip isn't expected but it is hoped for. We, after a dozen or so trips to Las Caletas over 15 years, generally tip based on how much we actually interact with the staff. The staff knows that cruise ship passengers typically arrive with their beach towels, cruise cards and little else. We see very few people tip but those that do leave $5 or $10 USD (50-150 pesos). The USD is the highest I have ever seen it (1 USD = 16+ pesos) and just a few USD's is a lot of tip.

Enjoy!

You will be served by two groups of people during your Las Caletas excursion: the crew on the excursion boat and the land based staff at Las Caletas itself. There will be a couple individuals at the Las Caletas dock holding tip buckets as you depart the excursion site and there will be a boat crew member with a tip bucket back in the port when you get back. Both groups hope that you are very happy (or drunk or both) and want to show your appreciation for the service they rendered during the day.

A tip isn't expected but it is hoped for. We, after a dozen or so trips to Las Caletas over 15 years, generally tip based on how much we actually interact with the staff. The staff knows that cruise ship passengers typically arrive with their beach towels, cruise cards and little else. We see very few people tip but those that do leave $5 or $10 USD (50-150 pesos). The USD is the highest I have ever seen it (1 USD = 16+ pesos) and just a few USD's is a lot of tip.

Enjoy!

Thank you for the helpful information. We're looking forward to our cruise in November, and can't wait to see Las Caletas.😊

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...