~Ensenada Puerto Nuevo Lobster Excursion Feedback Please~

NeptunesGoddess

I am thinking of booking this excursion in Ensenada through ShoreExcursioneer. No one has left any reviews on their website, so I was hoping I might be able to get some feedback here. I want to know if people feel the price (76.99 per person) is worth it? My hubby is concerned about drinking Margaritas in port because of the ice. Is this a concern anymore? Any feedback you have on this excursion would be greatly appreciated!

Cannot comment on the excursion but Pacific lobsters are very different than Atlantic lobsters. Last time we had lobsters in Puerto Nuevo we had them Puerto Nuevo style- fried in lard. Very good.

http://www.puertonuevolobster.com/

We've been going to Mexico for the past 24 years, first driving then by ship. Never had an issue with ice in any restaurant. The ice and water are trucked in.

(If you have Anytime Dining ask for Konstadinka or Jesus.)

Edited by SadieN

Thank you for the tip on Konstadinka and Jesus..we do indeed have anytime dining. We have had friends that really enjoy the Puerto Nuevo lobster style and so they are the ones that recommended us seeking out a way to get up to PN for it. Good to know about the ice, too. Thank you Sadie!

• 2 weeks later...

Puerto Nuevo is no longer what it once was. Almost all the the "lobsters" are shipped frozen from Australia and the Phiippines. At one time there were just a couple places and now there must be more than 50 restaurants catering primarily to tourists.

That being said, ensenada has great sea food. There are a multiple of carts and stands preparing fish and clams right off the boat.

I would suggest walking down to Muelle 3. Very casual and great food,

• 3 months later...

I am with a group of ladies stopping in Ensenada in September. We have done the wine tour several times and ant something other than walking around town and eating tacos. We would like to go to Puerto Nuevo for lobster. Is there a bus or van or something we can book when we get off the ship or make arrangements before hand.

Any information will be appreciated.

Thank you.

I am with a group of ladies stopping in Ensenada in September. We have done the wine tour several times and ant something other than walking around town and eating tacos. We would like to go to Puerto Nuevo for lobster. Is there a bus or van or something we can book when we get off the ship or make arrangements before hand.

Any information will be appreciated.

Thank you.

What ship are you sailing on?

The wine tour is very nice. The ship's tour usually includes a bottle of wine. The one through the Info booth is less, but doesn't include the wine. La Bufadora is interesting to do once. (If you take the port shuttle into town there is usually a small discount on tours).

Carnival does a Cheese Cave tour.

There are other tours-- horseback riding, kayaking etc also available.

I will be on the Ruby Princess in September. We've done the wine tour as well as the blow hole, Hussongs etc. Just want something a little different. We are also thinking of going to a place called LaFonda for lunch. Just not sure how to get there. It's back towards Rosarita but of course not that far. Are there vans at the dock when we get off the ship that will take us there? I don't remember if there are or not. I would like to arrange transportation before we get there if possible.

Anyone have any ideas?