MSC Seaside Interior Renderings

Mikesa1721

MSC%20Seaside%202_zpswkbl7rn2.jpg

I'm assuming it is just the perspective of the photo but it looks like the sides of the bow rise really high and possibly higher than the original rendering of the ship. It looks to be rising above the forward cabins on deck 9 (I think there are at least 6 or 8 more cabins to be added to the front sections.)

I'm assuming it is just the perspective of the photo but it looks like the sides of the bow rise really high and possibly higher than the original rendering of the ship. It looks to be rising above the forward cabins on deck 9 (I think there are at least 6 or 8 more cabins to be added to the front sections.)

Looking back at the models, it seems that the exterior of the bow angles down 3-4 decks from the front, and I can see that angle in the photo, but I think it is true to the model.

It also seems that there is still what, 5 decks of structure to be added to the top with the bridge and a few other things above that? I'm not sure I realized exactly how big this boat will be.

I counted 8 cabins forward of the angle where the exterior starts to angle down, so a big block still needs to go in front of what is there right now for sure.

Edited by Cuervosar

If you go back to post 567 of the Bulbous Bow you can see exactly what has yet to go on, the upper structure is still further back which is where the current cabins end in the latest photo taken from the side.

Due to the angle that the photo has been taken from it does make the side wall of the bow look higher than the cabins.

Part of Decks 16 and 18 have also been loaded at the back the part in Grey paint, if you save the photo of the length of the ship to your desktop and then zoom in you can see just how much the Aft pool deck overhangs the side of the ship.

Here is a better perspective of the construction progress to date from Kevin DeLorenzo's site, MSCFANS.it

MSC%20Seaside%20Work%20In%20Progress_zpskq32a5sw.jpg

At what point do they "float it out?" Is it as soon as the hull is complete? I can't imagine very much has been done on the inside, and checking on Meraviglia, it was pretty bare inside when it left. Never been curious about ship construction before.

At what point do they "float it out?" Is it as soon as the hull is complete? I can't imagine very much has been done on the inside, and checking on Meraviglia, it was pretty bare inside when it left. Never been curious about ship construction before.

A little birdie told me that MSC Seaside will be floated out towards the end of November,,,the same day Majestic Princess is scheduled to begin sea trials,,,:D

The image for the balcony cabins is interesting - the bed beside the balcony door rather than the sofa :confused: I wonder if they've done any studies that suggest that it's the preferred configuration? Personally, I prefer the sofa at the balcony door. The sketches on the Meraviglia ship's plan show the sofa next to the balcony. It seems the two new offerings, Vista and Seaside, are going to vary greatly in style. Very exciting times ahead, indeed!

I agree, I hate the idea of the bed by the balcony - that should be the "socializing area".

As someone who is looking forward to his first two MSC cruises in the Yacht Club in the next 16 months, I have really enjoyed this thread.

As a wee bit of a ship junky (you think?), I have also been fascinated by how differently Fincantieri builds their ships as opposed to Meyer Werft who have built most of Celebrity and NCL's ships.

There, they are assembled indoors in one of the largest buildings in the world.

As the blocks are added, they already have the cabins and fittings installed ... very unlike the "shell-like" blocks that we are seeing.

Literally days after the final blocks are installed, the ship sails away for her final outfitting!

I've always thought how being assembled indoors can't but help prevent corrosion and breakdown of "hidden" parts.

Thanks for all the great photos!

I agree, I hate the idea of the bed by the balcony - that should be the "socializing area".

I wonder if they will alternate the layout NCL does on the Escape and similar ships. The layout alternates room to room between bed by the window and bed on the inside. I actually prefer the bed by the balcony. On the Escape the bed by the closet was positioned such that you only had about two feet between the bed and the closet so it apparently really sucked for accessing clothes and the safe and whatever else.

I wonder if they will alternate the layout NCL does on the Escape and similar ships. The layout alternates room to room between bed by the window and bed on the inside. I actually prefer the bed by the balcony. On the Escape the bed by the closet was positioned such that you only had about two feet between the bed and the closet so it apparently really sucked for accessing clothes and the safe and whatever else.
Going to try the bed by the balcony on the Koningsdam, I'll let you know what i think. Went on the Escape and had the bed by the closet. Much more space than on the NCL Breakaway where I had to stand sideways to access the closet. Bob

As someone who is looking forward to his first two MSC cruises in the Yacht Club in the next 16 months, I have really enjoyed this thread.

As a wee bit of a ship junky (you think?), I have also been fascinated by how differently Fincantieri builds their ships as opposed to Meyer Werft who have built most of Celebrity and NCL's ships.

There, they are assembled indoors in one of the largest buildings in the world.

As the blocks are added, they already have the cabins and fittings installed ... very unlike the "shell-like" blocks that we are seeing.

Literally days after the final blocks are installed, the ship sails away for her final outfitting!

I've always thought how being assembled indoors can't but help prevent corrosion and breakdown of "hidden" parts.

Thanks for all the great photos!

I had to check this out for myself. Building a ship inside? Well there is a webcam here, small but it's there.. http://www.meyerwerft.de/en/meyerwerft_de/werft/das_unternehmen/webcam/webcam.jsp

Does look a little cleaner.

Looking at a standard balcony diagram, I see the sitting area has a projecting bulkhead where the wall comes out a little behind the sofa. This would indicate an interlocking cabin design that has been fairly standard ever since the Celebrity Solstice Class design. It enables more cabins in the same footprint as cabins without the interlocking design. It also means every other cabin has the reverse layout. For this reason I would say SEASIDE will have the alternating cabin design, providing the cabin diagram is truly for SEASIDE.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ceurvosar ... There are usually two webcam pics of two of the building halls at Meyer in Papenburg, check out the media pictures of the builds of the ships but make sure you click on the Flag in the top right hand corner for English unless of course you can read German.

There is also a section showing who they will be building for in the coming years plus there is a lint at the bottom to Meyer -Turku shipyard where they are currently building the Mein Schiff class ships.

The Two latest photos of Seaside, thanks to Kevin De Lorenzo.

The Top of the Elevator/Lift shaft has been added along with the stop area for the Zip line.

Seaside%20today_zpsvgetplie.jpg

The name has been added to the Stern of the ship as pointed out by Richard Traye Henry. The back of the slide area has also been added.

Seaside%20sky_zpszigenxwx.jpg

Edited by sidari

The Seaside Bow being lowered into position. Thanks to Mikesa1721 for passing it on.

bow%20BW_zpsvbqdihpp.jpg

Part of the Seaside Funnel/smoke stack. Thanks to Kevin DeLorenzo at MSCfans.it

Seaside%20funnel_zpsaisvgrdl.jpg

Edited by sidari

• 2 weeks later...