Divina Galaxy restaurant. Terrible!! Food and crew

mscdivina2016

Wife and I went to the Galaxy Restaurant on the Divina yesterday 10/21/16

We had 6 o'clock reservations and were 1st seated. A group of 4 was seated about 5 minutes after.

I ordered the Tournedos of Beef, medium rare and it came well done. After finally getting the waiters attention, he seemed annoyed and took it back. Several minutes later he returned with a very rare steak. So rare it almost did not want to cut with the type of knife they give you. I again sent it back and he seemed annoyed again and after 10 more minutes I finally got a medium rare steak. Unfortunately my wife finished her entree 15 minutes ago which resulted in her not being happy with the situation.

Luckily it was desert time. she ordered something that was supposed to be like Baked Alaska and I ordered something that was supposed to be like a Lava cake and the waitress even corrected my pronunciation of the desert.

Several minutes later we were served our desert and we noticed that we had the same thing. It was a whipped cream type desert that was frozen solid in the middle. I finally got a hold of the waitress and she quickly took mine back.

Here's what seemed to aggravate me the most. A bunch of lies to cover themselves. They told me that my desert was given to another table. Really, we were the 1st in and no one in the place had gotten to desert except us.(there were 12 total)

I would have to wait for them to cook another but they have something ready right now if I want. Several minutes later I get some chocolate looking thing that looks like they ran to the buffet to get. Lousy! We left

They also explained about my beef. The chef from India did not make it on the ship due to the hurricane and the ship leaving 2 days earlier from dry dock. Stuck in Miami. That's all fine and dandy except the storm was a whole cruise before mine. So he had another week to get on.

They also screwed up our drink order. Our Peach drinks resembled Mimosa's.

What a waste of an evening and this has to be the absolute worst dining experience in a pay restaurant on board a ship we have ever had. This meal was a Black card perk so we technically did not pay for it. I missed out on the dining room because of this disaster.:rolleyes:

I give the restaurant zero stars

Steve

It's funny, some people love Galaxy. We had Piedmont steak served to us in YC that was supposedly from the steak house. Absolute leather. At least galaxy is a pretty restaurant, but I'd never pay to eat MSC speciality based on my experience with the food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve, is the Black card dinner perk still a tasting menu? Meaning, you are limited for the meal selection. There is no excuse for what happened to you. Just curios as the other responses that loved the steak in Galaxy. I really want to try Galaxy this time as a black perk.

Jo Ann

Steve, is the Black card dinner perk still a tasting menu? Meaning, you are limited for the meal selection. There is no excuse for what happened to you. Just curios as the other responses that loved the steak in Galaxy. I really want to try Galaxy this time as a black perk.

Jo Ann

Hi Jo Ann,

We had a choice of appetizer or pasta selection (9 total items)

Main Entree selection (4)

Desert selection. (4)

There were two options in the rear of the menu. A basic which is above or a full which gave you an appetizer and pasta selection. I do not know if there was another menu:confused:

The 3rd steak was fantastic, cooked perfect and pulled apart with a fork.

Unfortunately the ambiance was gone and a mini argument ensued by the time I got it.

Then the desert thing:rolleyes: Another 15 minutes while my desert cooked would not have made for good table talk.

Its funny, when anyone asks about my cruise on MSC, it will not be about all the good things, just this. To bad as you only get 1 chance to make a good first impression.

Hi Jo Ann,

We had a choice of appetizer or pasta selection (9 total items)

Main Entree selection (4)

Desert selection. (4)

There were two options in the rear of the menu. A basic which is above or a full which gave you an appetizer and pasta selection. I do not know if there was another menu:confused:

The 3rd steak was fantastic, cooked perfect and pulled apart with a fork.

Unfortunately the ambiance was gone and a mini argument ensued by the time I got it.

Then the desert thing:rolleyes: Another 15 minutes while my desert cooked would not have made for good table talk.

Its funny, when anyone asks about my cruise on MSC, it will not be about all the good things, just this. To bad as you only get 1 chance to make a good first impression.

Really? One free! dinner ruined your vacation so much that you cannot say anything good about cruise? Good luck on NCL they have no service at all and worst food in seas. :p

Really? One free! dinner ruined your vacation so much that you cannot say anything good about cruise? Good luck on NCL they have no service at all and worst food in seas. :p

I have said many good things about MSC in a "my opinion" mini review.

Never had I experienced anything as bad as this in my over 40 cruises. I also as a rule do not like mini cruises which 7 day cruises are to me.

My fault for going on one and I should have walked out after the 2nd bad steak.

Live and learn. Would I go again? If price and itinerary were right, absolutely!

Its funny how peoples views of certain cruise lines are different. NCL has always treated us fantastically and we like their buffet and service but only on Jewel class ships. The rest are lousy IMHO.:D And their drinks prices are a joke and a way to gouge people if you ask me.

The steak I had in the main dining rooms on the Orchestra were always cooked to my liking. But mistakes do happen. I had to return a steak once on CCL, but it was fine the second time it was brought out. I wouldn't discount a whole cruise line because of one imperfect dinner...but that's just me.