Yacht Club waiting list?

lisamarieh

It appears MSC has lowered the price of the Yacht Club rooms for our upcoming sailing on December 6, 2016. Only problem with that is they are sold out. I called my travel agent and she called MSC and they placed us on a waiting list in case a room does become available, at the same price that is advertised today. Has anyone else ever done this with MSC? It would be great to upgrade to the Yacht Club. We have an Aurea Balcony now but the Yacht Club would be a dream come true!!!

YC on that cruise has been sold out for a while...I tried to book it about a month or 6 weeks ago. I think the problem is their website not showing sold out until you drill down to make a reservation.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

A word to the wise from someone who deals with MSC every day. Their waitlists mean nothing. Unlike other cruise lines, their system is not automated. Not once in 7 years have they ever cleared any waitlists for us on their own. We got the cabins because we were checking their system and found one open ourselves. So if you really want one, keep checking their site and maybe someone will cancel.

We have 9 cabins in the Yacht Club on that sailing. I'll try to give you a head's up if someone calls to cancel.

Bret

This discussion is quite interesting. We were in the Divina YC for the September 10 sailing. A number of people told us that they had originally booked non-YC cabins but were offered an upgrade for $500 per couple. It seems to me that for that date the YC was not sold out and they offered the great deal just to fill it up and give others a taste of "the good life."

It appears MSC has lowered the price of the Yacht Club rooms for our upcoming sailing on December 6, 2016. Only problem with that is they are sold out. I called my travel agent and she called MSC and they placed us on a waiting list in case a room does become available, at the same price that is advertised today. Has anyone else ever done this with MSC? It would be great to upgrade to the Yacht Club. We have an Aurea Balcony now but the Yacht Club would be a dream come true!!!

Like Bret said just keep checking yourself.

YC sold out for past 6 month. I been told there is no waiting list at all :p:p I am looking for it as well . Its past final payment date so I don't think something will be available. :o

Yes. A little over 2 weeks ago there was a Yacht Club room that came available along with an Aurea Balcony. I upgraded to the Aurea because the Yacht Club room at the time was too expensive. Yesterday, when I checked prices again, the Yacht Club Deluxe Suite had come down by $400 a person. I guess it would be a good deal if they weren't sold out now!! a little over a month ago there was also 1 Yacht club room available. They don't last long though, someone always purchases them!!!

A word to the wise from someone who deals with MSC every day. Their waitlists mean nothing. Unlike other cruise lines, their system is not automated. Not once in 7 years have they ever cleared any waitlists for us on their own. We got the cabins because we were checking their system and found one open ourselves. So if you really want one, keep checking their site and maybe someone will cancel.

We have 9 cabins in the Yacht Club on that sailing. I'll try to give you a head's up if someone calls to cancel.

Bret

Thanks, we had the same experience once. Thought it may have been an aberration.