MSC Website woes!

sidari

I was glad to find out that it is not just me who cannot access the MSC website due to whatever the ongoing issues are with regard to pricing and being unable to access other details.

Below is a post from the UK site by John Hutton who clearly has the same issues, is the USA site also affected by this ?

What is wrong with the MSC and especially their website? After many phone calls, problems never resolved!

Operatives giving false or misleading information just to get you off the phone.

Operatives saying that they will phone back, but they never do! Emails, never answered!

Their “manage my booking function” with errors. Their “Voyagers Club my bookings function” also with errors.

This is driving people away from MSC. I know that I am considering just walking away and putting the retrieval of my deposits in the hands of my lawyers.

Buck up MSC. You are letting your computer department and booking system and customer relations departments destroy your company.

Or is it only money and that you just do not really care?

Dave, I'm still having some problems on the site. Still can't add anything for our cruise like dining or shore x's. Really nervous now about making final payment too.

Our Seaside cruise, Feb. 2018, I can't even see although it obviously is still there, just part of a 15 day cruise instead of 7 day.

The site is definitely flakey, in that, the things which should appear separately, appear to be overlaid with other info, it looks like someone has screwed up the HTML or whatever system they use now for their web design/management.

Just seems weird that MSC would allow this to happen leading to speculation that they have a virus or maybe some type of hacker has gained access. :eek:

Thoughts?

I'm in the US after several weeks of trying to Web checkin and getting error messages, overload of the system messages and just being annoyed I called MSC. Even though I went thru a TA I told MSC they needed to check me in, they did but it was a hassle. I didn't want my TA to have to do it because he already had to deal with several issues with our cruise.

It amazes me they are still having computer issues, they have supposedly been upgrading and working on them for about a year!!! They need to fire their IT people and just start again.

You are right in saying some customer server reps will tell you anything to get you off the phone. You cannot believe everything they tell you. I know from experience.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Forums mobile app

I must be lucky , i have no problems at all.

I said that for my 1st 2 cruises with MSC also, I felt lucky I had no issues. This go round it's been a hot mess. I was going to book the Seaside but have now decided to hold off. This time I got a bad taste in my mouth with MSC.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Forums mobile app

Heading out on the Divina one week from today and no problem updating all our info (4 passengers) and checking in. Had to call to ask one thing and got thru to them right away also a few nights ago. Now when we went in April the website wasn't working at all. Did not do the check-in online and did not print anything out. But no problems boarding either.

I was glad to find out that it is not just me who cannot access the MSC website due to whatever the ongoing issues are with regard to pricing and being unable to access other details.

Below is a post from the UK site by John Hutton who clearly has the same issues, is the USA site also affected by this ?

What is wrong with the MSC and especially their website? After many phone calls, problems never resolved!

Operatives giving false or misleading information just to get you off the phone.

Operatives saying that they will phone back, but they never do! Emails, never answered!

Their “manage my booking function” with errors. Their “Voyagers Club my bookings function” also with errors.

This is driving people away from MSC. I know that I am considering just walking away and putting the retrieval of my deposits in the hands of my lawyers.

Buck up MSC. You are letting your computer department and booking system and customer relations departments destroy your company.

I agree! I have told the customer relations people the same thing!

You cannot sign on with your frequent cruise number.....I have gotten new passwords at least 5 times to no avail....I still cannot sign on.

The only way I can get on the site is to go to my bookings. I have two cruises currently in queue and one that was cancelled....all three are still listed with no way to delete the reservation # for the cancelled cruise.

Once I do sign on with my res. # and look at what I need to and do what I need, I have to sign out and then sign in again to look at my other booked cruise!

Very frustratiing! I have no hope that any of this will be fixed, since it's been this way at least since end of June!

And I thought Cunard's website was bad!! This is almost bad enough that I may cancel the next cruise on the Seaside! Changed ports, private island not done in time for our cruise(and only heard that on CC, since MSC has not addressed it at all and does not answer emails), crappy website......And this is our first MSC cruise! This is going to have to be one fantastic cruise for us to sail with them again! LOL!

Edited by suzyed

I agree! I have told the customer relations people the same thing!

You cannot sign on with your frequent cruise number.....I have gotten new passwords at least 5 times to no avail....I still cannot sign on.

The only way I can get on the site is to go to my bookings. I have two cruises currently in queue and one that was cancelled....all three are still listed with no way to delete the reservation # for the cancelled cruise.

Once I do sign on with my res. # and look at what I need to and do what I need, I have to sign out and then sign in again to look at my other booked cruise!

Very frustratiing! I have no hope that any of this will be fixed, since it's been this way at least since end of June!

And I thought Cunard's website was bad!! This is almost bad enough that I may cancel the next cruise on the Seaside! Changed ports, private island not done in time for our cruise(and only heard that on CC, since MSC has not addressed it at all and does not answer emails), crappy website......And this is our first MSC cruise!

I have been trying to check the latest price for my 1/18 Seaside cruise with no results. Their website is really screwed up. I e-mailed them telling them the problem and their response was "call me and I will be glad to help you with price!". Whaaaaaat?? Why have a website then?????

I have been trying to check the latest price for my 1/18 Seaside cruise with no results. Their website is really screwed up. I e-mailed them telling them the problem and their response was "call me and I will be glad to help you with price!". Whaaaaaat?? Why have a website then?????

Ditto! I've been trying to check pricing too... no luck.

same sh..t in US .:mad::mad: they keep sending promotions but i cannot check any of them :rolleyes:

The UK website has gone down once again although you can look at our 23rd December cruise and itinerary and prices which have all increased by £100 across the board since Saturday, it is only when you try to look at cabin availability that you cannot go any further.

The Aurea Suite cabins are now £1,549 pp cruise only.

Edited by sidari

The one thing that worried me about MSC were these very problems all of you are having.

I did finally book a cruise through a TA. I only went on the site when necessary, just went through the already booked section, input my personal info. for the cruise, printed out my cruise docs and that was it.

Usually I at least look at shore excursions, packages, etc. I did not. I just didn't want to take the chance of something going wrong.

If I cruise with them again (after this coming week:D), I'll maybe work up the nerve to sign in etc.

I checked prices through a cruise website that had the same price the MSC website had when I first started looking.

Edited by mafig

OK, MSC website.....all is forgiven!!

I'm doing the DOC DANCE!! Great surprise! Got an email this morning with all the info for our cruise...Boarding passes, a list of purchases, info on our cabin category, Black Card status and BOARDING PASSES....4 of them!!! :D

MSC, didn't know you had it in ya!!!

YAY!!!!!!

Sorry for all the bigger colorful font....but so excited for our first MSC cruise!!! :D:cool:

Edited by suzyed

Suzyed Off topic ....

How is St. Augustine after Matthew? DH and I were thinking of a road trip there in Jan/Feb. (from Punta Gorda).

There is quite a bit of damage to houses along the beach in both St. Augustine and Vilano Beach. Actually drove along the beach in Vilano and many of the homes are inhabitable! :eek: Significant amount of beach erosion as well.

Downtown St. Augustine is doing better after being flooding, but several places are not open yet. I would think by Jan/Feb things should be back to almost normal. I can update you closer to that time.

Edited by suzyed

When do they normally send the documents by e-mail? Is it shortly after completing the web check in or is it at a specific time before the cruise? What happens if someone does not receive the e-mail with the documents. Can these documents be printed at the port at check in?

If you booked via a travel agency/agent, you have to have THEM request the info from MSC, just an FYI.

And talk about website woes. I freaked out when I looked online and it said my cruise is not complete because they are waiting for payment. Final payment was 9/27/16 for me and my card was charged. I called the TA, they're like "no, it all went through weeks ago, we show you're fully paid".

I call MSC and they're like:

Nope, you're fully paid, we don't know why the website says you're not.

This ought to be fun come check-in time, since the website won't let you check in until:

20 days before departure

and

you're paid in full (which I am, but the website says otherwise)