Anyone board on day 2?

electro

I am booked on the Splendida out of Genoa on Dec 18.

Because I can't take Friday off work and they Sat flight is overnight, I cannot make sail away on the 18th so I plan to board on day 2 of my cruise in Rome (civitavicchia).

Has anyone done this?

Did you have any issues?

Thanks

Lois

I am booked on the Splendida out of Genoa on Dec 18.

Because I can't take Friday off work and they Sat flight is overnight, I cannot make sail away on the 18th so I plan to board on day 2 of my cruise in Rome (civitavicchia).

Has anyone done this?

Did you have any issues?

Thanks

Lois

MSC Run their Med itineraries like bus routes with boarding/getting off at most of the ports of call.

In fact this cruise has 3 "home" ports:- Genoa; Civitavecchia and Palermo.

I've done a screen dump of the Italian brochure which shows that they sell three cruises on each circuit One for every Home Port.

I dare say that the Spanish brochure will have the cruises beginning and ending at Barcelona.

You may be able to purchase the Civ. to Civ. cruise as it stands.

However when I tried to get a Salerno to Salerno circuit I was quoted over £4,000 but if I bought the cruise that started the next day from Genoa to Genoa the cost was just under £800. Like you I was time limited as to when I could cruise.

what I eventually did was buy the Genoa cruise and get off at Salerno (day 6), there was no reduction in fare for not sailing on the seventh night.

Here is the brochure image. I've highlighted the relevant info on the Home ports and the two embarkation dates for Genoa and Civ.

splendida%20dec.jpg

Hope this reassures you that it is perfectly possible to do what you envisage.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Changing to the Civit to Civit cruise is not an option as I have a B2B booked so I would have to change both. Also, the price is about 50% more for the cruise boarding in Civit.

I realize I wont be refunded for missing the first day, I have no issue with that.

I'm waiting for a response from my TA, if I can't board in Rome, making it a 6 day cruise, I'll have to cancel.

Lois

TA called MSC. No problem boarding in Rome.

My documentation will still say Genoa but they put a note on my booking saying I will be boarding in Rome.

On the 18th, I will try to call a ship rep to let them know I will not make the ship in Genoa and will board in Rome on the 19th. I don't trust Corporate to communicate with the ship.

Hopefully it will all go smoothly.

Lois

My documentation will still say Genoa but they put a note on my booking saying I will be boarding in Rome.

On the 18th, I will try to call a ship rep to let them know I will not make the ship in Genoa and will board in Rome on the 19th. I don't trust Corporate to communicate with the ship.

Lois

Allow lots of time to get from the airport to the docks , it's about 30 - 40 miles on roads that sometimes get jammed. it may be better to go by train if you don't have too much luggage

just noticed your flight is overnight

With an 18:00 hours sail away you should have lots of time if you have an overnight flight

Edited by Skier52

Lois

A good contact would be ARVIND JEEWOOTH on guest relations ,

you can probably sent a fax for his attention

Arvind became a very good friend on our march sailing on Orchestra and was on Splendida two weeks ago with me. HE's on board until April

splendida tel.00870 764911645/6/2

fax:00870 764911644/7

just mention "Peter with Bedford Bear" suggested you contact him and he'll know who told you

Edited by Skier52

Thank you for the contact info Skier.

We will actually be arriving in Rome on the 18th so we will have a day there before we board the ship.

We have an appointment booked for the Scavi on the morning of the 19th at 10:15. When we are finished there, we will get the train to Civitavecchia.

Lois