repeat of muster required on back to back cruises?

Catlover54

I am booked Athens -istanbul, istanbul - istanbul, 2 BTB cruises

2 Qs for a newbie:

1. will the muster on the first cruise be pre-departure, meaning do not make spa appts? and

Will I have to repeat the muster in IST after returning from shore excursion, for the second leg?

I am booked Athens -istanbul, istanbul - istanbul, 2 BTB cruises

2 Qs for a newbie:

1. will the muster on the first cruise be pre-departure, meaning do not make spa appts? and

Will I have to repeat the muster in IST after returning from shore excursion, for the second leg?

1. Yes - it is pre departure. Usually if leaving at 4pm the muster is 3 or 3.15pm.

2. Yes - having done many back to back sailings you still are required to repeat the muster drill.

Enjoy your cruise.

Worth saying that the muster is so close to departure time that it is unlikely to impede any plans you had ashore.

You would not be able to make spa bookings anyway as all guest services are closed during muster and their staff engaged on safety duties.

Henry :)

We did the muster leaving Istanbul and were unpacked and up on deck outside the Observation lounge for departure, no problem. Quite spectacular leaving Istanbul. Muster was required leaving Istanbul and Athens.

Muster happens before the ship sails so that they can disembark any recalcitrant cruisers :D

My sister was on a Seabourn cruise where this happened. In fact, they were unhappy with their cabin and asked for a change only to be told the ship was full. After the muster, they got a call saying a cabin had freed up. When they got to the new cabin, the staff was packing up the prior inhabitants.