Amex Offer: Spend $500 on Booking, Get $100 Credit

joepeka

I got this offer on at leasr 4 of my AMEX cards. I made final payment on my January cruise today using it and my TA says she is sure it will go through as how is Amex going to know if it is a new booking or not. I got one earlier that credited you with $250 after a payment o HAL of $1000!

In order to get the credit, I had to check a box next to the offer so that it would be applied to my card. After I made a payment toward a booked cruise the $100 showed up as a credit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My offer shows as redeemed and the $100 will be credited to my account sometime later. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but even if you get another AMEX card, there is no guarantee that you will get that offer. The offers seem to be very arbitrary and there is no way of predicting what shows up. For example, I spends lots of money on Amazon and Staples, and have never gotten offers for either of those. FYI, neither of my hotel AMEX cards had this. It was on my AMEX platinum, everyday, gold premier and green cards.

At least one person on another forum has reported that they did indeed get the $100 Amex statement credit for a cruise booked prior to 10/14. So I say go for it! ;)

Thank you very much for your info.

Ugh.. still not there. Maybe it's because it's a Delta card? I can call tomorrow to see about changing to an AMEX card.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have the Delta card also and it wasn't showing up....BUT I got a hold of AMX and here is the link to get that offer.

http://www.americanexpress.com/wlcl

Then you just sign in and it should take you to this deal to enroll your card. I then called TA and made payment and they called HAL while I was on the line and made the payment to Holland Directly. Hope this helps.

My offer shows as redeemed and the $100 will be credited to my account sometime later. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but even if you get another AMEX card, there is no guarantee that you will get that offer. The offers seem to be very arbitrary and there is no way of predicting what shows up. For example, I spends lots of money on Amazon and Staples, and have never gotten offers for either of those. FYI, neither of my hotel AMEX cards had this. It was on my AMEX platinum, everyday, gold premier and green cards.

I agree. We have AMEX Delta and AMEX hotel cards and neither of them have the cruise credit offer which is silly because we have cruised numerous times and always put our cruises on our AMEX cards.

I have the Delta card also and it wasn't showing up....BUT I got a hold of AMX and here is the link to get that offer.

Then you just sign in and it should take you to this deal to enroll your card. I then called TA and made payment and they called HAL while I was on the line and made the payment to Holland Directly. Hope this helps.

Thank you!!!! You rock!!

I know HAL does, and HAL is who bills the card, but the website won't even process it

Well Rats :( If any other offer ever comes through CC or anywhere and it hasn't been e mail or snail mailed to you, you can always chat with AMX and they said the the offers are usually good for people who do not receive those notices as well. Just a FYI.

So can payments on the cruise only be made through the TA or can you directly go to Holland with a phone call perhaps? Could you put the $500 on as OBC purchase through the Holland website, using the AMX? If you are already booked?

i have the delta card also and it wasn't showing up....but i got a hold of amx and here is the link to get that offer.

then you just sign in and it should take you to this deal to enroll your card. I then called ta and made payment and they called hal while i was on the line and made the payment to holland directly. Hope this helps.

Thank you!!

Edited by DisneyDatknee

I agree. We have AMEX Delta and AMEX hotel cards and neither of them have the cruise credit offer which is silly because we have cruised numerous times and always put our cruises on our AMEX cards.

This offer showed up on our AMEX Offers...2 days ago. We have a Platinum Card...so often get pretty decent Offers. Not sure all these offers are available to other adjunct AMEX cards...like the Delta card...although they certainly get their rewards when flying with Delta. There are just so many different cards...and each seems to have their pros and cons. Now, in the world of major credit card users...the big story is the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card...vs AMEX Platinum. The competition never ends :).

Hank

I got the payment made, charged by HAL, but no credit applied. At least not immediately. It was not a new booking so wasn't sure what would happen.

You should have received an email from Amex confirming the transaction and that if it met the offer terms, your credit would follow. Ours took four days for the credit to post; someone on another board said it took six days for their credit to show up.

Edited by joepeka

I didn't get an email. I guess I fell though the cracks, but since it was a BIG crack in that it was not a new booking, I guess I just consider that the balance due in the spring is $500 less than it was

If I were you I would call AMX and ask about this. I applied my $500 towards a booked cruise via my TA. I got the e mail the next day and the credit 4 days later. It won't hurt to call and ask why this hasn't shown or been denied. Are you dealing with a TA?

We applied this offer last summer to our January cruise. It popped up again and used it when we did the final payment. The offer said it could only be used once, but the credit showed up on our statement

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We applied this offer last summer to our January cruise. It popped up again and used it when we did the final payment. The offer said it could only be used once, but the credit showed up on our statement

That makes sense because it was two separate offers - the one you used last Summer was strictly for HAL (I'm guessing) and the current offer is for all the Carnival Corporation brands (including HAL).

That makes sense because it was two separate offers - the one you used last Summer was strictly for HAL (I'm guessing) and the current offer is for all the Carnival Corporation brands (including HAL).

That may be the difference. Just glad it worked

Has anyone successfully used this with their Canadian AMEX card? Offer doesn't show up on my AMEX page and don't want to bother company if it's all for naught.

Add it to your account! Not sure for Canada though. It didn't appear on my account, but it's there now when I added it through that link.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums