Are the Lido Cabanas usually fully booked?

canadarocks

We'll be on a Caribbean cruise in January on the Nieuw Amsterdam. Renting a Lido Cabana for a few of the sea days seems like a good idea as I adore the sun, hubby not so much. And the extra amenities sound nice as well.

I know we can't pre-book cabanas unless we want one for our whole cruise, which we definitely do not. So my plan would be to head to the Front Desk as soon as we board to book one for a day or two.

Are all the cabanas usually reserved online for the entire cruise? What are the odds that any of the Lido Cabanas will be available on a sea day?

Are all the cabanas usually reserved online for the entire cruise? What are the odds that any of the Lido Cabanas will be available on a sea day?

You can't book them on line. You have to call Ship's Services (800-541-1576).

No way to predict if they are going to be booked every cruise. We have been on three cruises with cabanas, with two more booked. They seem more popular, in my conversations with Ship's Services, than in the past.

If you want the cabana, you may want to reserve for the entire week. Once, when we couldn't get a Lido Cabana, there was a Retreat Cabana available for two days of the sailing, so we grabbed it up. We like the location of the Lido Cabanas more than the Retreat Cabanas.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the NA for 19 days this month, Vancouver to Fort Lauderdale. I only saw one Lido cabana used for one day. One or two of the outside cabanas on Deck 11 forward were used on a couple of days, but were vacant most of the time.