Stateroom Beverage Price Increase

EDLOS

A 24% increase in my Stateroom Beverage package from $37 to $46 for same Vodka package since last cruise in June.

Rampant inflation ?? Had to laugh as I heard my cost of living Social Security increase for 2017 is .0013 % or an average of $5.00 increase per individual per month, a whopping $60 per a year

WOW, quite a price hike for the beverage package! And yes, the SS increase is pitiful. However, I make lemonade out of lemons - at least it will cover the price increase for several liquor packages. (True, but I know it is not funny.)

Yes -- that pittance that we will get for social security doesn't even pay for 1 drink.

That is quite a hike in prices.

Grey Goose used to be on the list on HAL's site, but for our last couple of cruises, it was removed. So we have to wait until we are on the ship to order it. Last spring it was $72 for a Liter -- not including the 15% gratuity. I wonder what it will cost now.

Yes -- that pittance that we will get for social security doesn't even pay for 1 drink.

That is quite a hike in prices.

Grey Goose used to be on the list on HAL's site, but for our last couple of cruises, it was removed. So we have to wait until we are on the ship to order it. Last spring it was $72 for a Liter -- not including the 15% gratuity. I wonder what it will cost now.

KK - you can call shipboard services and order it in advance if you are so inclined ;)

I didn't find that the vodka prices have gone up much (comparing to last year when I ordered). Some are the same and some up a $1 or $2. What seems to have really gone up are the "packages" (vodka with mix, bucket of beer, etc.).

After seeing this thread I looked up the current cost of a Jim Beam Bourbon. It is now $52.50 for a liter (delivered to the room). Luckily I previously ordered and paid for a couple of bottles for my cruise in January. I paid $37.50 each. This means the price of Jim Beam went up $15 per bottle - an increase of 40%!!!

KK - you can call shipboard services and order it in advance if you are so inclined ;)

I didn't find that the vodka prices have gone up much (comparing to last year when I ordered). Some are the same and some up a $1 or $2. What seems to have really gone up are the "packages" (vodka with mix, bucket of beer, etc.).

I know -- but the last few cruises we have had a ton of shipboard credit. That is why we waited until we got on the ship.

We used to pre-order Grey Goose -- back then it was on HAL's site.

Ok, thanks. Don't have reservations yet. Can anyone give me an idea of what the Gin an Tonic package cost? or the price of a beer package? Thanks in advance

Sure - a bucket of beer (6) is as follows: Miller Lite & Bud Lite, Bud, American brands are $40.00. Corona, Heineken and Amstel beer are $37.50 for 6.

Gin and tonic (Bombay with three cans of tonic) is $46.25

Tangueray Gin (on it's own - no tonic) is $52.50

Does anyone have the list for the prices of the stateroom beverage packages? I can't seem to find them. Maybe I have to have a HAL account and be logged in first?

As requested:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Beverage-Packages-for-Stateroom.pdf

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Spirits-and-Beer-for-Stateroom.pdf

Are prices any different if purchased on board rather than pre-cruise?

No, I don't believe so. However, in my case since I ordered before the price increase, I got a lower price than if I had waited until I was aboard. Since this was a very large price increase (Jim Beam went up 40%), I think it unlikely that there will be any more increases for quite a while. But it doesn't hurt to order in advance and avoid the possibility of an increase, you can cancel it later if you change your mind (I think you have to cancel before your cruise).

Sure - a bucket of beer (6) is as follows: Miller Lite & Bud Lite, Bud, American brands are $40.00. Corona, Heineken and Amstel beer are $37.50 for 6.

Wow I can't believe the price difference, last year on the VOV a bucket of beer cost $28!!! Unbelievable

Wow I can't believe the price difference, last year on the VOV a bucket of beer cost $28!!! Unbelievable

I don't want to swear to it, but I am sure it was cheaper ordering on board in April than what was shown on the HAL website. (The bucket of beer that is).

The price you said sounds about right to me. On board, the bucket of beer (6) is for the price of 5 beer.

HALs drink prices are ridiculous they must make a fortune

Actually their prices are a LOT better than some of the other cruise lines.

But, that's just my experience and what we have observed.

They need to make $ on those bars. If I have understood what has been posted in the past, cabin prices are basically break even and the profits are made on board.

Does anyone know when last HAL increased beverage prices?

I know some of the wines by a glass went up maybe a year ago?

I think the cocktail prices went up at the same time? But all in all, they are not unreasonable IMO - especially after sailing O and other lines.

And FWIW O's house wine is not exactly tops either ;)

Perfect! Thanks! That actually seems pretty reasonable to me for a bottle of Gin. Drink prices are much lower overall than on NCL.