KDam TA...initial reaction.

lahlah57

Have only been aboard for a little more than 24 hours and my husband and I are pleasantly surprised!

Check in was a breeze.The HAL shuttle dropped us off from airport to Koni's port and 1/2 an hour later we were walking to our room. No priority pass just regular passengers.

Having been on several cruises on Crystal and Azamara.....must say this is a wee bit classier and overwhelmingly larger! We have a verandah that could sleep 3 but I would say could be a bit cramped for 3. Lovely set up and finely organized but I still use my shoe organizer for my cosmetics. Bathroom is by far better with the best of showersr in comparison to any of the above listed cruise ships.

We got lost a few times but we are getting our bearings.

Service is top notch and the restaurants have been no problem finding seating and if there is a wait it moves fast.

Food is fabulous and we have tried just about all the fast food eateries and have not been disappointed......pea soup in Dutch Cafe (yum).

Lecturer on todays first sea day had the large surround theater nearly full. Very informative. Great venue for lectures!

We had a wine tasting event for us to purchase our navigators package and the ass't cheif sommelier was a informative joy with info for his highligjted wines.

So far.have been nothing but impressed with design and.service...but this is just the beginning.....LOVE IT😍

Have only been aboard for a little more than 24 hours and my husband and I are pleasantly surprised!

Check in was a breeze.The HAL shuttle dropped us off from airport to Koni's port and 1/2 an hour later we were walking to our room. No priority pass just regular passengers.

Having been on several cruises on Crystal and Azamara.....must say this is a wee bit classier and overwhelmingly larger! We have a verandah that could sleep 3 but I would say could be a bit cramped for 3. Lovely set up and finely organized but I still use my shoe organizer for my cosmetics. Bathroom is by far better with the best of showersr in comparison to any of the above listed cruise ships.

We got lost a few times but we are getting our bearings.

Service is top notch and the restaurants have been no problem finding seating and if there is a wait it moves fast.

Food is fabulous and we have tried just about all the fast food eateries and have not been disappointed......pea soup in Dutch Cafe (yum).

Lecturer on todays first sea day had the large surround theater nearly full. Very informative. Great venue for lectures!

We had a wine tasting event for us to purchase our navigators package and the ass't cheif sommelier was a informative joy with info for his highligjted wines.

So far.have been nothing but impressed with design and.service...but this is just the beginning.....LOVE IT😍

We are just home from K'dam after a six week cruise. We really loved the ship, as they say, It's not your grandfathers Buick", she was more like getting into a brand new car with all the new bells and whistles. Loved it... No complaints... the ship, crew, food, entertainment, ports of call, all top notch. It's all a dream right now but one that puts a smile on my face when I think about it.

We are just home from K'dam after a six week cruise. We really loved the ship, as they say, It's not your grandfathers Buick", she was more like getting into a brand new car with all the new bells and whistles. Loved it... No complaints... the ship, crew, food, entertainment, ports of call, all top notch. It's all a dream right now but one that puts a smile on my face when I think about it.

Hope you are going to write a review.

Being an Azamara fan, I'm a bit reluctant to book a cruise aboard the Konningsdam due to its size. There's some wonderful itineraries, however, and it's very tempting. I'll be anxious to hear more about your impressions.

Looking forward to your thoughts during your cruise as we sail again with her in February and are hoping a lot of her previous growing pains have been resolved. You're going to have a great time and don't forget to actually walk up to the walls in the World Stage and see all the little tubes used to make the magic!!

Everything that we have read, including the negative and positive reviews, has convinced us that we need to put Kdam high up on our to do list of cruise ships.

Yes it is a departure but it sounds to us like a very welcome departure. Perhaps the start of HAL being ushered into the a new era in cruising, a changing demographic, and changing tastes. It would appear that there are lots of good options on this ship. Bravo....HAL is finally moving forward with the marketplace.

Finished off Barcelona today and it is a BIG city!

Will reitterate a few positives on board:

Does not feel crowded......yet;)

Elevators that could rival any large department store......4 front.....4 mid......4 back

Showers large and easy to operate

Beds and pillows....best we ever encountered.

Coffee from room service to the restaurants is the best and is not some version that is made to resemble coffee:D

Embarktion was easy.

Room stewards....wine stewards...dining staff is courteous and knoledgable.

Food has never left us disappointed.

Hand wash stations are fantastic as you enter the Lido. GENIUS!

Not so good:

The staff that serve in the lido are a bit slow and can become surley. Do not care for it much.

One particular guest service desk receptionist not friendly and a bit put out. Will get her name and call her out on the survey.

No promenade that most are used to.

No library but exprations cafe is a nice reading spot. Bring your own reading material .

though.

These are the stadouts from both ends. Still love the Kdam regardless!

Could never understand the big issue about the library.

We travel with carry on only. Sometimes for weeks/months at a time We bring our own reading material. We leave books along the way as we pick up others, often from the exchange shelves on ships or in hotels/ B&B's. Plus we use our electronic versions though we prefer an actual book. We use our local library extensively. We certainly do not rely on a ships library stocking books that we might enjoy.

We never have trouble finding a quiet place to read. Sometimes the library, even if we do not select a library book, or another location on the ship.

We sometimes think that some people look for things to complain about. We have no doubt that, on balance, Kdam is a great ship and a great addition to the HAL fleet.

Edited by iancal