Okay, so what's the best thing you've eaten in a HA cruise... and the worst?

jeepers13

Best--rack of lamb or lamb chops in Pinnacle. (Lido bread pudding is my runner-up)

Worst--cakes. We went to a "cupcake tea" about 5 years ago and the cupcakes had NO flavor. The only difference between the varieties was the food coloring they used to make them look different. Same cruise, a late dessert extravaganza, the cakes were gorgeous but had no flavor.

My best is a tie between the basa in the Canaletto and the wasabi tenderloin in Tamarind. The vanilla souffle and strawberry sorbet in the Pinnacle Grill were the best desserts.

The worst is a tie between the tenderloin served on gala nights and the porterhouse steak in the Pinnacle Grill. The biggest dessert disappointment was the strawberry cheesecake in the Pinnacle.

My DW's worst has to be the terribly salty shrimp in the halibut and shrimp scampi in the PG and creme brulle in the MDR that was served still frozen.

I will agree with others and note that most desserts are bad and lack any flavor. I find most cheese that is served on board to be of very low quality also.

I agree on Pinnacle steaks but let me add another best, HAL's soups are almost always very good. Can't really think of a worst, I seem to like everything :p.

I agree, the soups are consistently good. WORST: A stringy cream of wheat type hot cereal in the Lido. I should have known something was up when I asked for it and the server made a funny face! HeHe. :eek:

Best: Osso Bucco in Canaletto (served only on longer voyages)

Worst: Some of their "Italian" sauces.

Coffee on HAL is soooo much better than the stuff on Princess!

Jim

Haven't sailed Princess, but it's way better than Celebrity's too!! It isn't too strong or too weak, it has a horrible taste.

Best = the filet in the Pinnacle and the dover sole in the MDR

Best dessert = flourless chocolate cake

Worst = underdone salmon (not a sushi fan)

Worst dessert = supposedly pumpkin pie

Food can be sent back. We have done it if it was not prepared properly or it turned out to be something that we did not like.

DON