Lincoln Centre Stage on Oosterdam

The Odd Couple

On previous cruises, we have really enjoyed some fabulous performances from the Adagio duo in the Explorers Lounge. Sadly, I suppose this is no more with the introduction of Lincoln Centre Stage. Where is the venue now and what can we expect to see and hear? We'll be on the Oosterdam in March next year.

On previous cruises, we have really enjoyed some fabulous performances from the Adagio duo in the Explorers Lounge. Sadly, I suppose this is no more with the introduction of Lincoln Centre Stage. Where is the venue now and what can we expect to see and hear? We'll be on the Oosterdam in March next year.

You'll find the group in about the same location, but in a modified setting. We enjoyed the group immensely when we were on the Odam and the room was generally quite full (although some attendees were napping.) ;)

The group may be different now, but they were all very good and had some excellent educational backgrounds. Our next two HAL cruises will be on smaller ships without this addition and we will sorely miss it. They have a group of different themed sets so there may be some repetition if you go frequently. They generally play three sets a night with one night off a week.

We'd also enjoyed the group on the Eurodam, but found the setting on the Odam more to our liking.

I don't think the venue has been very well thought out.

On the Oosterdam, the Lincoln Center Stage is on deck2 (lower promenade) between the Pinnacle bar and the Explorers bar, but, most important, is the continual passing of As You Wish diners on their way to and from the MDR during performances. There is not a partition wall between the pathway to MDR and the stage area so any conversation, no matter how muted, between diners must be a distraction to both performers and audience.

I did notice that some notices had been placed in the pathway mentioning 'Quiet Please, performance in progress', but to be quite honest, it tended to be ignored.

Perhaps if curtaining was installed along the corridor between it and the L C stage area it would benefit all concerned.

Edited by VMax1700

When we were on Maasdam, Adagio halted their performance as there was a competition going on at the jewellery counter next door with lots of cheering and shouting. On Westerdam last year, although Explorers is partially glass screened, people coming out of the MDR would stop in the corridor and carry on long animated conversations when we were trying to listen to Adagio's performance, so I don't think things are going to get any better whether there are any notices or not.

When we were on Maasdam, Adagio halted their performance as there was a competition going on at the jewellery counter next door with lots of cheering and shouting. On Westerdam last year, although Explorers is partially glass screened, people coming out of the MDR would stop in the corridor and carry on long animated conversations when we were trying to listen to Adagio's performance, so I don't think things are going to get any better whether there are any notices or not.

Actually, we found the signs that were posted outside the area to be quite effective. People would often stop and listen for a bit, but then generally headed on their way. Often the seating was filled and people would stand outside in the hallway to listen. This behaviour could, of course, vary from cruise to cruise.