Upgrade fairy rang my bell

iriemon

Just got an email from the upgrade fairy to go from an inside guarantee to a balcony for $129 pp. Seems to good to pass up especially since I got such a great deal to begin with.

Would you mind sharing when your cruise is?

Congratulations. The Upgrade Fairy has been really busy this week[emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Have a funny feeling things are selling well. I had a choice of over 20 rooms so maybe they are getting any revenue they can

Congrats of the great upsell! We are on the same cruise (also in verandah cabins on deck 8) and were offered upsells to a Signature Suite for $699 per person and to a Neptune Suite for $799 per person.

We passed on the offers since we are traveling with family and have three cabins next to each other. I am disabled and need an accessible cabin. There was an accessible Neptune Suite available and had we not been traveling with family I may have been tempted.

Just got an upgrade offer regarding our 17 day Amsterdam cruise on Nov 17th to go from our VS to a Neptune for $1,449 pp. We would have jumped on it if the price was for both of us, but that's too much in our way of thinking to pay per person. I know the larger room, free laundry, having access to the Neptune Lounge and eating breakfast in the Pinnacle are nice perks, but not for $2,900 more (or $170 per day more). Hopefully, they will come out with a second round offer that will be more reasonable, especially with how many empty Neptune suites they have to fill.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

Just got an upgrade offer regarding our 17 day Amsterdam cruise on Nov 17th to go from our VS to a Neptune for $1,449 pp. We would have jumped on it if the price was for both of us, but that's too much in our way of thinking to pay per person. I know the larger room, free laundry, having access to the Neptune Lounge and eating breakfast in the Pinnacle are nice perks, but not for $2,900 more (or $170 per day more). Hopefully, they will come out with a second round offer that will be more reasonable, especially with how many empty Neptune suites they have to fill.

Based on the current prices of the lowest Neptune and the lowest Vista ($4300) the upsell offer is about 1/3rd of the difference - quite normal for HAL (in fact, I usually figure paying about 1/3rd of the difference when being offered an upsell). I think that part of the large difference in your case is the length of the cruise, plus the big difference in cabin size from a Vista to a Neptune.

Since the smaller HAL ships have alot fewer Neptunes, upsells to them generally do not occur as often as on the larger HAL ships. Plus, going from a Signature to a Neptune is not as great sizewise nor pricewise as in your case.

Of course the value to you is strictly your choice and decision, depending on your wants and needs. I hope that you get a second round of offers, as there seem to be alot of Neptunes still open.