Sun beds

lindabodrum

I was planning a cruise to the Caribbean with a few sea days between some ports, but when I saw a guest rather than the ships video , I was put off by all the sunbed hogging,or reserving a lounger with a towel for the day with a towel while you are not on it for hours. What is the best ship for sun beds to passenger ratio to avoid the necessity yo set ones alarm clock to relax on deck

My experience is too limited to answer in detail. But I think you need to consider what you are after. If you need space near a pool, then look for ships with large pool areas. If all you need is a lounge in the sun, then look for ships with ample open deck areas. The two ships I've been on had small crowded areas around the pools and ample space elsewhere.

How many people in your party? If you are looking for 1 or 2 loungers, you'll be fine. We have occasionally had to go to a less desirable area, but always found 2 loungers together. If you're looking for 6 together or something, then you may have problems. My experience is on carnival and my last few cruises I have seen the "chair police" on patrol. They sticker your towel and if not back in 30-40 minutes (I think), they'll take your stuff!

That's why I wouldn't move stuff myself, but I assume the crew members working in the area keep at least a rough eye on which chairs have been unoccupied for extended time.

Of course there is no making everyone happy.

Edited by elliotterae

If memory serves me correctly the Celebrity S class has lots of lounge chairs, although many were in the shade which I prefer. Maybe someone else will comment.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app