Parking cost Miami port

exAusTiN

You should check out the Florida Departures Board:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

where you will find tons of threads as to how offsite parking in Downtown Miami is extremely unreliable and unsafe. If you want to return and find your car intact--or just have access to it in a reasonable amount of time after disembarking--you must find it in your budget to pay the going rate at the port.

(And just as an aside...I sure wish everyone would pause to ponder the etymology of "sucks" before tossing that word off so casually :rolleyes:)

While planning our upcoming cruise out of Miami, I did a lot of research. I advise that you 'google'

miami hotel cruise parking

There is also a site "Park, Sleep Cruise" where you can find hotels that will include from 7 to 14 days parking, and, usually, a 1-way shuttle to the port

Reading the reviews, the quality of the hotels can be a little iffy, as well as the reliability of the shuttles

I agree with the 1st reply about the $20/day Miami parking, However, my wife has enough Hilton points to get a free room, so we will pay the port parking instead, this time

Having said all of this, I absolutely HATE cruising out of Miami (we just got too good a deal this time). I prefer Ft Lauderdale because of the proximity of Park and Go and Park and Fly right next to the cruise port and lower-priced hotels, and I like Port Canaveral the most of all

We live in the Tampa Bay area, so we have done a couple of cruises out of Tampa, but the port is too small for the size of ship we like

If you do post on the Florida Departures Board you will get the answer I will give you.

Park on site. Don't park off site. Risk by doing that to your vehicle.

And other horror stories.

Someone posted there about two weeks ago with a horror story but unfortunately they didn't ask all of us for our thoughts.

It is convenient to park at the port and your safest option.

Keith

20 bux and it sux

Is your 'it sux' comment regarding the parking or the cost or both? I ask because I have never read (in years of reading and contributing to the Florida Departures Board) that anyone has had a problem with the Port of Miami parking facilities. I'm sure the price is set to what the market will bear given that off site operations have horrible reputations. At Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale) the daily rate is 'only' $15 but they have competition from nearby off-site facilities with excellent reputations.

If going on a week long cruise just park at the port

We have parked at Embassy Suites (no hotel stay) but then you have to add the cost of the shuttle to the port & a taxi back

We were on a long cruise so it worked out cheaper for us to park at ES

Weigh your options & choose a secure parking area