Any recent news on dining reservations on The Muse?

CruisinPashmina

BV,

The question anyone concerned about how solos are going to be treated in future on Muse have to realistically ask themselves what options SS have open to them., and which of those they are likely to choose.

With a level of oversll capacity that has proved itself constrained, it seems to me that one thing they will wish to do all they can to avoid is having singles occupying tables for two. So that leaves either seating them together to optimise tables, or tagging them on to other larger open tables where several couples and larger groups have said they wish to meet others.

The second option seems better than the first but that requires the MD knowing in advance that he will reliably have such tables. It also requires trouble and effort. Also an early single arriver, will they place a single at such an open empty table early by themselves before other diners have arrived at that table and risk a seat left over, or wait until it's full with only one seat remaining. And will a single feel uncomfortable sitting at a large open table waiting for unknown others to arrive at an unknown time by themselves, as they may feel uncomfortable as it looks a bit odd. Do they order food or wait.

Will MDs in reality take the trouble or take the line of least and easiest resistance of doing what they appear currently to do and leave the job to a host to herd singles around in a group hoping to find tables irrespective of what individuals would prefer. I don't think you need to see what they are likely to do.

On a cruise with low occupancy the issue is eased and probably dissapears.

I agree, Jeff. I don't think there will be many options for accommodating solos, especially when the ship is at high occupancy. And it will get very complicated for MD's to try to incorporate singles into tables of couples or into groups open to having people join them, when seating space is limited on a busy cruise. Much easier to just stick all the solos at their "special" table -- if one can be found. And the vision of being herded around by a host in hunt of a table is mortifying. Sad that SS don't seem to value their solo passengers -- yet we read that there is an increasing number of solo travelers who want to go on cruises.