Muse Menus?

ernieb

I wonder if this is at least in part a function of its being a new ship with a number of new-to-Silversea hires. I assume the polish will grow week by week.

There is no doubt they will improve in time and personally have had no issues of any significance, but have heard others mentioning it. I guess even using their experienced staff, there are things still to be learned.

I've read others say they thought the Muse was launched too early and I've heard a couple on board saying the same thing.

Thanks Les for taking the time to share your trip with us. We will be on the Muse in March, our first Silversea trip. After all the back and forth over dinning I was starting to get worried however your experience has put my mind at ease. Thanks again.

Thank you for your kind words everyone.

Today I'm off ship on an overnight adventure so no menu to post tonight. (We docked in Livorno at 7am).

Hot Rocks is tomorrow night, so will post that.... and I will try to get the remaining menus before disembarkation.

The ship continues to amaze. It is a truly splendid vessel. The staff generally are not as polished as you might be used to, but don't read that as criticism - you are still pampered! I've still not seen any of these "missing reservation" problems but I can only comment on what I personally see.

I'm guessing that these issues possibly only occur when the weather is not so good, meaning no one wants to sit outside. The weather to date has been wonderful, hence my assumption.

Today I took a video of the buffet stations which helps appreciate how good the spread is, which photos somehow fail to capture. I will post onto youtube when I get home, along with the footage from my Mavic drone in St Tropez and portovenere of the muse and also flying over the cinque terre. Seagulls continue to be a problem attacking it. I'm dreading the time when my evasive manoeuvres fail!

I'm currently on the way to Florence.

Les, We were booked on this cruise and had to cancel, which was a great disappointment for us, as our TA was hosting this cruise.

I would love to see your photos and videos of your wonderful trip. Where may I view them?

Thanking you in advance,

Pat and Ray

clear.png?emoji-embarrass-1727Les, my apologies, I should have read the entire thread before I typed with my fingers!

Your photos are fantastic and I loved that you posted the menus, great.

Question, did you have any problems using the drone while in port? Our son (who is a Cameraman and senior editor for TV) is a licensed operator and the rules here are very strict.

Looking forward to viewing them.

Pat

Les, We were booked on this cruise and had to cancel, which was a great disappointment for us, as our TA was hosting this cruise.

I would love to see your photos and videos of your wonderful trip. Where may I view them?

Thanking you in advance,

Pat and Ray

The most amazing adventure has come to an end.... almost as perfect as could be. The over heating of the GoPro on the cockpit windscreen stopped a start to finish landing on a private jet.

I did however catch the muse in dock in Livorno as we banked around to land in Pisa.

I will post an email address for you to get access to photos... having read a rather pathetic individual complain about the content of this thread, I won't be giving access to everyone. It's a shame one individual spoils things for others with continual snidely comments.

A photo a never expected to be taking

51c8c756d343edd0a1c9d0e8f366c07f.jpg

220ed9d70e162d52e825c17290cdf5f5.jpg

clear.png?emoji-embarrass-1727Les, my apologies, I should have read the entire thread before I typed with my fingers!

Your photos are fantastic and I loved that you posted the menus, great.

Question, did you have any problems using the drone while in port? Our son (who is a Cameraman and senior editor for TV) is a licensed operator and the rules here are very strict.

Looking forward to viewing them.

Pat

Most things are a bit grey. I didn't fly the drone inside any port where the Muse was docked. The two times it was used, it was moored at sea and no airport nearby. So no danger and no private property to be concerned about. Obviously if it fails, it won't fall on someone but it will be a 100% loss.

Seagulls seem to take a shine to my Mavic so there are risks taken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All good things come to an end.... has been a great experience. But go pro filming goes on to the end..... just arriving at Civitavecchia with monster NCL Epic up ahead.

bd4e7c61261f3e8cd71c7d69c1047a9e.jpg

Heard through the grapevine on the Wind that the menus for Indochine on the Muse will be extended soon, and that other minor dining changes are being planned. Unfortunately swapping over Indonchine and Atlantide would have to wait for a dry dock, so a long, long way off.

Heard through the grapevine on the Wind that the menus for Indochine on the Muse will be extended soon, and that other minor dining changes are being planned. Unfortunately swapping over Indonchine and Atlantide would have to wait for a dry dock, so a long, long way off.

That is a shame as Atlantide definitely is the more popular (at least it was on mine and has been on those I've read about.) giving those extra places would go a way to help out.

Indochine was definitely the one I'd book up. There was an awful lot on the menu I know I'd like and more so if they extended the menu.

I showed my photos to one of the senior Waiters in la terrazza just before disembarkation who requested i forward them to her on whatsapp. I did and she has replied. I'm hoping she will be ok to keep in touch to be able to leech info from time to time. And if she was impressed with what I send, she will be extremely impressed once she gets the drone footage along with the video flyover. I'd thought the hot screen turning off the GoPro meant I'd lost the recording, but apart from the instances it turned itself off mid flight, the footage was stored in cache and recovered.

I'm off work today supposed to be catching up with the bookkeeping, but instead have been playing with premiere pro to edit.

Les - Thank you so much for your great reporting and especially for the copies of the menus on the Muse. I can't wait until September when we will have the opportunity to sample the various restaurants.

Hope our paths cross at some time.

. I'd thought the hot screen turning off the GoPro meant I'd lost the recording, but apart from the instances it turned itself off mid flight, the footage was stored in cache and recovered.

I'm off work today supposed to be catching up with the bookkeeping, but instead have been playing with premiere pro to edit.

Hopefully the GoPro wont have a picture of this landing.

njY1_CGFPepbZi98h_Z9_Vm6toPg-NBBGOf5v4Vey2d_bcKn4w26BL98FYRR72ewFZ03TQdmk4tXRt4vDDmi6T97_oCOZwmuL0VKVuzTji3Cqh2OpmmF_dGBkwYnxohER5076PG6DhxLVT7mo6ochQ7-n5iEn3R2eMqOQJrrvsfdMEs3Z-Zs1XhjauPy08L9kQokSi8dJ9vTFPzenV5aQDp12nBXCkBQDJWKcT4uQISNuua3U6feNggWvpUMnHZUP1WqT1K8cYO9Aw7v8DqN-N2Kb1jLyQoafDUsqVZGsGVfPOH5L1oQ3Fl5AVvmzio3Kowlm98fYWvj-Rsx7pXHuvwnYG9QHVb0DPc4_N1_0epTIDd7QsL2gn4sGLZXWWtKzLMsnvxPNLXO38ozVqmLw46-0qk4ht93i3EzzeQu4fqJ_BdJW6VcSX2aZOKVB5UF16Fn0bzjwGm6uFB7Exnk5UIhrtOqQvH-sxgLNgpZkdLxw3RXLafC5ulr3lhxongDUNuUx70Dpk4yoP1FYHs1kHti-l0z37ITafDP5LCLLaaJkYcm4MHBs17lhA9fHkb2Qp9rGa4Jl7JxldB_e3lLWhKa0kLWOOsbg-wmOMZ2MREqxS5yCp-6sg=w746-h633-no

Hopefully the GoPro wont have a picture of this landing.

You're piccie isnt showing up!

Luckily the gopro didnt melt! The cockpit windscreen acted like a magnifying glass. It was scorching hot.

Les thank you for your great photos and the commentary. It is good to get different reviews.

We have friends on Muse at the moment and in their email they sent yesterday they have said they have enjoyed the cruise. It is their first time on Silversea after multiple sailings on Seabourn. They are finding it is a good alternative to Seabourn to get an increased choice in itineraries. They haven't had issues with their restaurant bookings even though they did change a couple of their bookings when onboard.

Julie

This is the one I was trying to send. I hate this picture attachment process. Hope it made it.

Unfortunately not. :-(. It may be it's not available to view in my location I suppose?

What was it?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Les thank you for your great photos and the commentary. It is good to get different reviews.

We have friends on Muse at the moment and in their email they sent yesterday they have said they have enjoyed the cruise. It is their first time on Silversea after multiple sailings on Seabourn. They are finding it is a good alternative to Seabourn to get an increased choice in itineraries. They haven't had issues with their restaurant bookings even though they did change a couple of their bookings when onboard.

Julie

No problem Julie, glad it was useful. I actually changed every booking I had pre arranged and had no issues in doing so. That said, I do know Atlantide was the most popular and did get full. I mentioned in an earlier post that the initial problems may have been increased with poor weather and people not wanting to use hot Rocks or the pizza restaurant.... which obviously compounds the issue. We had great weather which I'm certain was a contributing factor. Hot Rocks seemed always full, but hardly anyone eating pizza apart from lunchtime. (Please don't think that means I was checking constantly. I wasn't... I'm only commenting on the odd days I saw.)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

mqO_SsLpFQSDcA-kfAQeQtucMPVob5KdkfWf2WPtP6uY0xHWaus8Hv5J3lRho7T80Stz4YlL3mIbEuIgfknaiOtRkoJHUO-XpW-ZH7paF7tcedX0N7NmA2zCNE921cGAd0_95_SaRsN-OjTZR4V5t0dC9EOfdMKiVmUodrKQ6LJfgprwzeZJKagMkpnj0wxgBrc_ID-5md3uj7OSt2QGOwI9-2JGmrOEmxWbxBmKKW73M2LK_GHfvtvgulAHGdqeQcdvK_MUBaIF1lqqAMbAXtQuVH-OdIxTb1seCMWOiXDUi--HinWsxAiS9MzmttltXs6U0VnKU_kDv2Urf3lYvz2I0n77x7TClyPaN3BALroxTahO2_XXQosSW1re6PX_gKd9aT1HyVZh5XrQyarYyDPvGsmAkgsfrmYm6oW5KT1mCADhm905PopKbZdSa90Cjt18MM2UPD3d9VppXcS_q0FiMpeIOBPUWSnzfz28bsFrz98LW9hkD7yUTV8mGhEhW2cDiOhOUJ91_Nv_32FN25_D22AX0GyBqJR5QQdZr8Ypb8t1u6oOQdoVe8b2hSCREuxqvS7r0CsfccrqOWP67PjvCNhd4-dvtfkf5qzpiLc75ws3vVSRjg=w746-h633-no

This is the one I was trying to send. I hate this picture attachment process. Hope it made it.

I am on Safari on my MAC laptop and can see the photo easily. It is a young boy hanging from the front window of an airplane and the caption is " Bring Your Son to Work Day".

Julie

P.S. Les I am glad to hear you also had no problems changing reservations. Maybe the problem lies, as with all ships, when they are sailing full. We have had a problem on Crystal on a full sailing we did and we were doing their Dining by Reservation. We have also had to wait to get into restaurants on Seabourn on the odd occasion when the ship was full and certain venues had popular menus.

P.S. Les I am glad to hear you also had no problems changing reservations. Maybe the problem lies, as with all ships, when they are sailing full. We have had a problem on Crystal on a full sailing we did and we were doing their Dining by Reservation. We have also had to wait to get into restaurants on Seabourn on the odd occasion when the ship was full and certain venues had popular menus.

That could be true, we are sailing very close to full on the Wind and with the deck Grill closed for bad weather there have been a couple of nights when people have been asked to go and wait in the bar when there were no tables available in the MDR. I think the problem was exacerbated by the number of couples occupying tables for 4. I don't think anyone waited more than 10-15 minutes though.