Copenhagen Oceankaj (Quay C330) transportation questions

No just one of them.

The difference is that 25 goes directly to Oceankaj and 27 might stop at all the bus stops along the way.

I would say its easy to do with just one luggage.

At the central station bus 250S stops just outside what is known as the Tivoli Exit (guess why) and that is next to track 1 to 4 where most of the trains to Østerport departs from.

Just note at Østerport, there is only elevators up to the pedestrian bridge but at the end where the busses are parked they didn't bother to put one up there.

So if you can't handle stairs you have to go through the main hall walk left and follow the street until you get to the bus stop.

This bus stop for #25 #27 is across from the UNICEF building. See yellow circle.

35446007275_623596ec2e_o.jpg

I high lighted the building with UNICEF sign:

34636282883_58b911f2d9_o.jpg

It is a short walk from cruise terminal, follow the green dots on pavement to bus stop.

35446011875_573a288650_o.jpg

Bus #25 has lots of space luggage. #27 is a regular city bus, so there is no extra space for luggage. #27 bus driver told us that luggage cannot block middle aisle. He stopped the bus and told us to put luggage on seat.

We were at Oceankaj bus stop on a June Tue morning around 7:20AM. According to posted bus schedule, the first #25 bus at Oceankaj is 8:00AM. We did not want to wait for another 40 minutes so we took #27 instead. There was a #27 bus there when we reached the bus stop.

All passengers were from cruise ship, #27 was quite fast to reach train station. May be it so early in the morning there was no local passenger.

If I remember correctly, #27 bus driver accept $3USD or 3 Euro cash or Danish kroner. I took so many bus/metro in different cities, hope I did not get this mixed up.

Edited by truel1111

All passengers were from cruise ship, #27 was quite fast to reach train station. May be it so early in the morning there was no local passenger.

If I remember correctly, #27 bus driver accept $3USD or 3 Euro cash or Danish kroner. I took so many bus/metro in different cities, hope I did not get this mixed up.

Thank you. So upon getting off the Getaway, we can take either bus 25/27 to central station? We have many hours to kill so time isn't a concern. Just looking to do some sightseeing and shopping before heading to the airport.

Edit: Looks like I figured it out. Take the 25 or 27 to Østerport and then walk/transfer to the light rail to central station -- do whatever touring, and then when ready, go back to central station and then take express train to the airport. From what I'm reading, I don't need to buy tickets in advance as I can buy them from some ticket stand upon disembarking. Did I miss anything?

Edited by pr0pel

Some small corrections.

It's possible to walk to the central station from Østerport but it will probably take around 30-40 minutes so don't :D

The S-train is considered heavy Rail and not light rail.

If you ask a dane on where to find the light rail they will think about a tram so if you find yourself in a situation where you can't find it just ask after the S-train.

But its really easy to find so no worries.

Some small corrections.

It's possible to walk to the central station from Østerport but it will probably take around 30-40 minutes so don't :D

The S-train is considered heavy Rail and not light rail.

If you ask a dane on where to find the light rail they will think about a tram so if you find yourself in a situation where you can't find it just ask after the S-train.

But its really easy to find so no worries.

Thank you! I definitely don't want to walk to Østerport as I will have 2 young kids with me.

• I'm assuming I can take 25 or 27, whichever comes first. Don't really need a specific one and 10 min difference doesn't matter to me since my flight is at 7pm.
  • Upon getting off at Østerport, does the S-train only run in 1 direction towards central station or 2 different ones so I need to pay attention to the front of the train or stand somewhere specific?

We'll probably just do a canal tour or something laid back for 5 hours or so before heading to the airport. We're doing Tivoli the day before the cruise so probably won't head back there.

When I was in Copenhagen for 5 days, I use Metro more than train. #25 bus goes to Norreport which is a Metro station.

From Norreport you can walk to Rosenborg Slot.

Metro stop Kongens Nytorv is near Storget street which has lots of shops, this is the main shopping area. Illum is on Storget

From Kongens Nytorv, you can walk to Nyhaven.

From Kongens Nytorv, take 1A bus to Royal Palace.

Bus 1A also goes to Copenhagen Citadel, Mermaid is just a bit north of Citadel.

From Metro stop Christianshavn, you can visit Church our Saviour which has a spiral staircase to the top.

From Metro stop Christianshavn take bus 9A to Paper Island which as food court (forget the proper name).

From Paper Island you walk across bridge to Nyhaven, if you have more time walk to Storget shopping area.

From Nyhaven you can take a boat ride to Black Diamond or Royal Library.

The above is my experience,

Hello, I arrive in Copenhagen Airport 3 hours before the cruise departs. I only believe Taxi is possible since they ask to arrive 2 hours early to Oceankaj. Is this possible if we land on time on Sunday? I believe it is a 30 minute taxi ride?

Thank you

What if I prefer to take a taxivan. How many people fit into the taxivan? My car service is not answering my emails.

Are the taxivans more expensive? I expect to pay about 400. Thank you for your reply.

The seven of us plus all of our luggage fit easily inside a taxivan when we arrived at the cruise port.

Hi Danish Viking,

I would also like to thanks you for the fantastic work you do on this forum.

Just 2 questions if I may which Im sure you have answered already somewhere.

We are on a cruise on Saturday 15th July on the RegalPrincess sailing from Copenhagen. On the way out I believe we get the metro train toNorresport Station and then get a 25 or 27 to the pier.

To return to the airport we get the 25 bus with a zone 2 ticket and thenthe metro to the airport.

My questions are:

How many Krona would I need to make the train and bus journey both ways or can I pay in Euros.

On our return journey we fly at 11:45am but dock at 5:00am and I would guess get off about 7:00am. My question is will we make this flight using public transport.

Really appreciate your help.

Lu

Danish Viking, we will disembark the Marina on September 12 at Oceankaj, Quay 331. We are 6 adults with presumably 6 suitcases and 6 carry-ons. I am hoping we will be able to get a taxivan to take us to the Absalon Hotel in the Vesterboro area. If it turns out to be a long wait as some have suggested, what are our other options? I see Bus #25 mentioned often, does that work for us even with luggage?

Hi Danish Viking,

I would also like to thanks you for the fantastic work you do on this forum.

Just 2 questions if I may which Im sure you have answered already somewhere.

We are on a cruise on Saturday 15th July on the RegalPrincess sailing from Copenhagen. On the way out I believe we get the metro train toNorresport Station and then get a 25 or 27 to the pier.

To return to the airport we get the 25 bus with a zone 2 ticket and thenthe metro to the airport.

My questions are:

How many Krona would I need to make the train and bus journey both ways or can I pay in Euros.

On our return journey we fly at 11:45am but dock at 5:00am and I would guess get off about 7:00am. My question is will we make this flight using public transport.

Really appreciate your help.

Lu

You can only take bus 25 from Nørreport.

Else you take the Øresund train instead, it both stops at Nørreport and Østerport.

From Østerport you can both catch bus 25 and 27.

But you need a 3 zone ticket that costs 36 kroner.

On the way home I assume that you return on the 27th.

Then you take bus 27 at 07:07 to Østerport and change to a Øresund train bound for Hässleholm C/Kalmar C.

You have 19 minutes at Østerport to find your train so no problem there.

You would then be at the airport at 08:02.

Only 2 minor details

The cruise calendar has your ship in port on Sunday the 16th and not Saturday the 15th.

When departing your ship will be at terminal 1 just next to the bus stop.

When returning it will be at Terminal 3 so expect a 10 minute walk.

https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/Oceankaj,+Copenhagen/Oceankaj+terminal+3,+Oceankaj,+2150+K%C3%B8benhavn/@55.7155829,12.6207085,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x465252b9b1b7b737:0xee5254d82b87707d!2m2!1d12.6181129!2d55.7143755!1m5!1m1!1s0x465252b848f798bd:0x85401ad1461aff01!2m2!1d12.6276855!2d55.7171653

Danish Viking, we will disembark the Marina on September 12 at Oceankaj, Quay 331. We are 6 adults with presumably 6 suitcases and 6 carry-ons. I am hoping we will be able to get a taxivan to take us to the Absalon Hotel in the Vesterboro area. If it turns out to be a long wait as some have suggested, what are our other options? I see Bus #25 mentioned often, does that work for us even with luggage?

Both bus 25 and 27 can handle luggage but your ship is the only one at Oceankaj so it should be easy to get a taxi.

You got Europa, Viking Sea and AIDAvita at Langelinie and Nordre Toldbod but they are small ships.

Thank you so much Viking. You are amazing for helping us.

So just to confirm I will get Metro to Norreport then a 25 bus to terminal The zone 2 ticket we get, is that for the Metro and Bus or just bus. Also do you know how many Krona it is.

On return are there regular buses and Metro, is there a timetable you have. Our flight is 11:45am. Which zones and cost would the return journey entail

Thanks again Lu

Then you take bus 27 at 07:07 to Østerport and change to a Øresund train bound for Hässleholm C/Kalmar C.

You have 19 minutes at Østerport to find your train so no problem there.

You would then be at the airport at 08:02.

Both bus 25 and 27 can handle luggage but your ship is the only one at Oceankaj so it should be easy to get a taxi.

That's good news, thanks Danish Viking! If we were to use either Bus 25 or 27 where would we get off the bus that is near the hotel? Would the bus take a lot longer than a taxi?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

With 6, why wouldn't you reserve a van to meet you?

That's good news, thanks Danish Viking! If we were to use either Bus 25 or 27 where would we get off the bus that is near the hotel? Would the bus take a lot longer than a taxi?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It will take a little bit longer.

The hotel is located very close to the central station so if you take either busses to Østerport and change to any southbound train and get off at the central station (København H) you will at the hotel in no time.

6 persons can't fit in a normal taxi so if you don't get a minivan you could split up so 3-4 persons took the luggage with the taxi and the rest went to the bus stop and took the train.

Then you would have used 48 kroner (If you are 2 persons) instead of the 2-300 you would have used on an extra taxi.

• 2 weeks later...

I just found this great thread and have only been able to read the last 5 pages. We will be sailing on the Serenade on Aug 19th from cruise terminal Oceankaj. We will be staying at the Clarion Airport Copenhagen Hotel. There are six of us with one luggage and one carry-on each. We need information regarding how to prebook (reserve) a mini taxi van to take us from the hotel to the cruise port. We need all the advice and suggestions regarding transportation to the cruise port. I understand Uber isn't in Denmark. Is there a shared shuttle service available? What's the best and most economical way to get to the port other than the bus. Thanks you in advance!

With 6, why wouldn't you reserve a van to meet you?

I just got off the NCL Getaway and found taxis & taxi vans waiting, in front of the port terminal. The vans hold 7 passengers plus your luggage. There was a dispatcher waiting out in front of the terminal, to assist you. It was easy & quick.

How do I reserve a minivan for 6 persons from the Clarion Copenhagen Airport Hotel (formerly Hilton) to the cruise port for our date of departure? Who do I contact and also get a quote on the cost and any other details?

Get the reception to call a taxi minivan for you, its way cheaper.

Private cars are more of a luxury/corporate thing so its very expensive.

Try cphlimo.dk and see what they will charge, if you get a taxi then expect around 400 kroner.